The what's going on in Thrash thread

That is probably true but at the same time they found a path that did make them mega-successful. They wouldn't be the first people to change their career path to become successful. I don't have to like what they did to recognise it was a big effort from them and every one else to achieve what they did.
Yeah. But I don't care about their money or their success only the music. If anything the people around them worked harder while they got lazier.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Hahaha....is European a race? Oh wait. It doesn't matter anymore everything is racist. :p

It's probably sexist too :)

It's ANZAC day here today and I saw a guy on TV this morning saying how less than 25% of people know and understand what the holocaust was, and why we say Lest We Forget. He says we need to keep talking about history and educating kids about what happened all those years ago. But the problem is we aren't allowed to teach kids about history in case it fucking offends someone.

Yeah. But I don't care about their money or their success only the music. If anything the people around them worked harder while they got lazier.

But you don't have to care about something to recognise it as being successful and that those involved put in an effort to make it successful. To be fair getting successful and working less is the mantra of just about every billionaire

Reactions: redfly
There is lots of things in life that are successful but aren't very good....again, pretty much every billionaire.

I haven't seen that. My wife usually picks up stuff like that, but she also watches a lot of stuff without me because I'm old and fall asleep in the chair earlier than she does! If she hasn't seen it I imagine she'll be looking for it soon!

I don't think I admitted to that :p

It will do her good to watch something other than Mark Wallberg movies :)

I don't even know half the shit she watches. Sometimes she tells me what series it is she is watching, but most of the time it means nothing to me.

Fucking hell! Skolnick shit all over the solo in Eyes Of Wrath. Is it just supreme arrogance that makes him think he can just play whatever the fuck he wants on Murphy songs and it's acceptable?! I'm kind of disgusted, and really this has been building for me. I may or may not watch anymore of this.
Learn the fucking solos dude. It's not our fault Testament has a ton of songs you didn't play on. How about giving James the respect he showed you?!

Isn't it considered rude to copy another guitarist solos?
Not that I disagree with you Alex is a very arrogant prick at times. But I kind of thought not copying was expected.

Heh? Nahh, you're supposed to do it properly lol, like James did for him. It's not just that the solo is wrong it's that he extends the crap out of it and ruins the vibe of the song. It's not even tasteful,just fast wanking which is not what I expect from Alex. I mean there is a time for improve, but that's not it. He should do it for his own songs. Or. Do a stand alone solo like he used to. If it was someone else I wouldn't be as pissed.But it's a whole pattern of seeming disrespect with Alex to the Murphy era. Alex is super good and it shouldn't be a problem for him to learn these songs. I think Chuck and Eric and way to relaxed with him.
I'm a stickler for these things lol.

Reactions: Slammed