The what's going on in Thrash thread

http://www.worshipmetal.com/features/the-12-albums-that-kept-thrash-alive-during-the-1990s/

Check out this list of 12 albums that helped Thrash survive the 90's. Of course, The Gathering is there. Everyone could probably come up with some other great examples, but the fact is that good Thrash albums were rather scarce in the period between, say, late 1993 and 2001. Glad it's all past now. We should be proud that Testament was one of the few bands carrying the torch through the dark times. Probably the biggest Thrash band in that period (depending on how you categorize Slayer of that era).

Lol! yeah the 90's didn't affect me at all. All my bands were still going.Although some put out albums better than others...cough cough Overkill...cough

What OverKill albums from the 90's you didn't like? The ones that needed time to grow on me were only W.F.O. and, to a smaller degree, the Killing Kind. I loved the rest instantly.

Funny, I actually find Necroshine one of their better albums ever. I know I'm in minority saying that. The next albums I liked too. E.g. Bleed Me, What I'm Missin' and Let it Burn are among my favourite Kill tunes. Killbox had some hits, but it did get boring after a couple of spins. The one I had problem with was ReliXIV. Some good songs, but a lot of it was pretty forgetable.

Well I don't dislike them outright. I like the music. It's just..how can I put this? I like Blitz's Scream, I like his clean singing voice. It's when he combines them and uses a lot of vibratto in the evil voice that I'm not the biggest fan.I like it for a scream but not in the overall lyrics. Does that make any sense? lol

Zetro "out" of hatriot

Still going to be writing lyrics and doing the business side of things. The link includes a new version of "My Cold Dead Hands" with Cody on vocals. Sounds pretty good to me.

Kinda saw that coming,they're HUNGRY I imagine they'll do just fine.Thanks for the link,very much appreciated man.

Yeah it's too bad, but it was just a matter of time with Exodus doing well. The rest of them should be making some metal not having to sit around. Cool that he'll be writing!

Hey, have you guys seen Death Angel's "A Thrashumentary" yet? I haven't and am curious whether after all the postponments and years of waiting it is any good.

Yeah,I bought two copies very in depth a good documentation of their history.Only was able to watch half of it so far.A great watch so far.