The what's going on in Thrash thread

Me too,looks like I'll be taking another road trip this Friday to newbury's!

Never at this rate.

Looks like Havok's bassist quit to join Soulfly. It's gotta be more money, but what a downgrade.

The metal allegiance,I think also comes with cd/DVDs combo.I'll find out tomorrow ��

The press release:

SOULFLY joined by former HAVOK bassist.
360 degree view of ‪#‎Archangel‬ Music Video Available!

Former HAVOK member Mike Leon has joined metal icons, Soulfly, as the band's brand new bass player!

"SOULFLY fans get ready," states guitarist/vocalist Max Cavalera. "I'm really excited to announce that Mike Leon is going to be playing bass on our upcoming North American tour. I'm a big fan of Mike's work and having him in SOULFLY is going to bring some of the killer thrash metal vibe to the band! He's a great guy and I can't wait to be on stage tearing it up with Mike. See you in the pit!"

Mike Leon adds:
"It is an indescribable feeling to be joining up to shred with SOULFLY! I've been a fan of Max and his music since I was a little kid, and to be playing with him and the guys now is truly unbelievable! I cannot wait to bring the ruckus on stage for all of the Tribe around the world! Rest assured that I'm going to rock extra hard for you guys! See y'all on the road!!!"

Sure sounds permanent to me, he's listed on their page as a member now. Plus the release says ex-Havok (obviously). Interesting that this was released before Havok saying anything about it.

On a completely different note: The Metal Allegiance album is extremely mediocre.

I didn't know Soul Fly were Metal icons? when did that happen?

Got Metal Allegiance but I haven't listened to it yet. It's worth it to me though for Chuck and Phil.

I just got it today too.Not breaking any barriers,but pretty damn cool

Oh well that's easy I think! at least Skolnick and Holt for sure.And I guess Charlie would be the other.I really don't like that WE ROCK song at the end.

Oh well that's easy I think! at least Skolnick and Holt for sure.And I guess Charlie would be the other.I really don't like that WE ROCK song at the end.

Misha Mansoor, Ben Weinman, Charlie Benante, Phil Demmel, Matthew K. Heafy, Ron “Bumblefoot“ Thal & Skolnick all play guitar on the song