The what's going on in Thrash thread

It's probably like every controversial decision a band makes, they know there is divided opinion but they have their reasons and they get on with life as they see fit. I doubt the current band loose any more sleep over the numbers of people missing Bobby G than the current members of Judas Priest loose over fans thinking KK should be back in the band.
I'd wager more people care about that line up than any of the others. Although I'd also welcome the line up of Horrorscope.

Reactions: Slammed
Oh, that country guy? heard of but never a listener. I didn't know that was his band.

He's also the lead singer of Lemmy's old band HeadCat which shows just how much of a talent the guy is.
But 89 was such a good year not just because Altars came out but also because Dave, Pete and Jesse also released Terrorizer - World Downfall

I'd wager more people care about that line up than any of the others. Although I'd also welcome the line up of Horrorscope.

Maybe they do, just like more people like KISS with Ace and Metallica with Cliff and the list goes on. But I still don't see any reason for Overkill to address how much they miss a previous band member. By the sounds of it Bobby is still a bit pissed about not being included and if he is that's his choice but Overkill addressing that some fans still miss him is just opening the band up for the media to push for more shit. They have their new talent (which isn't that new now) and it's time to move forward not dwell in the past.

It's not really that much different to the hype around Axl recording with AC/DC, many of the reports suggest Brian was pushed out, but just as many say it was amicable because he couldn't preform at the level they need. At the end of the day fans are all divided and the media are eating up every piece of news and twisting it as far as they can to make their headline better than someone elses. That laundry is as dirty as any that gets aired and I don't blame any band for not sharing the full details if they can.

Reactions: redfly
He's also the lead singer of Lemmy's old band HeadCat which shows just how much of a talent the guy is.
But 89 was such a good year not just because Altars came out but also because Dave, Pete and Jesse also released Terrorizer - World Downfall
Lol dude I barely like Motorhead, so saying he's a talent cause he worked with Lemmy doesn't mean much to me

Maybe they do, just like more people like KISS with Ace and Metallica with Cliff and the list goes on. But I still don't see any reason for Overkill to address how much they miss a previous band member. By the sounds of it Bobby is still a bit pissed about not being included and if he is that's his choice but Overkill addressing that some fans still miss him is just opening the band up for the media to push for more shit. They have their new talent (which isn't that new now) and it's time to move forward not dwell in the past.

It's not really that much different to the hype around Axl recording with AC/DC, many of the reports suggest Brian was pushed out, but just as many say it was amicable because he couldn't preform at the level they need. At the end of the day fans are all divided and the media are eating up every piece of news and twisting it as far as they can to make their headline better than someone elses. That laundry is as dirty as any that gets aired and I don't blame any band for not sharing the full details if they can.
Lol I'll dwell wherever I want lol I like those albums better, outside of Ironbound I wouldn't call much in the last 20 years classic or must have. You're taking this much more seriously than was intended, I didn't say anything about Overkill missing anyone. My query is how in after all these years can they not even once wonder what it is people loved so much about those albums and what's different. I don't want a change of line up, I simply think they should let others write some riffs and not just D.D. Cause that's the problem. D.D's shit sounds the same a lot and is kind of one layered.
Why always so worried about what the media does anyway? The media s only as bad as the idiot who believes them (not you). And if the media did push them to dig deeper it might be for the best. It certainly can't be for the worst because Overkill even if they did nothing is still Overkill.
I still buy every album and always will. But there are only a handful of classic Overkill albums since Bobby was kicked out. All the albums with him are classic.

Last edited:
Lol dude I barely like Motorhead, so saying he's a talent cause he worked with Lemmy doesn't mean much to me

He didn't work with Lemmy he took over from Lemmy in Headcat but since I doubt you'd appreciate Rockabilly music I am not surprised you wouldn't see the talent many others do.

Oh I'm not saying he doesn't have talent really. I'm just saying the reference doesn't mean anything to me because I don't know that band. And of course having talent doesn't necessarily mean it's something I would listen to. I think I would not like Rockabilly as a whole. I'm just a thrash guy man lol. That's really all I want, that, some acoustic stuff and solo guitarists like Vai and the like.
But I also like stuff like Primus. and some others.

Lol I'll dwell wherever I want lol I like those albums better, outside of Ironbound I wouldn't call much in the last 20 years classic or must have. You're taking this much more seriously than was intended, I didn't say anything about Overkill missing anyone. My query is how in after all these years can they not even once wonder what it is people loved so much about those albums and what's different. I don't want a change of line up, I simply think they should let others write some riffs and not just D.D. Cause that's the problem. D.D's shit sounds the same a lot and is kind of one layered.
Why always so worried about what the media does anyway? The media s only as bad as the idiot who believes them (not you). And if the media did push them to dig deeper it might be for the best. It certainly can't be for the worst because Overkill even if they did nothing is still Overkill.
I still buy every album and always will. But there are only a handful of classic Overkill albums since Bobby was kicked out. All the albums with him are classic.

I'm not taking anything serious or berating you for having the opinion you do, I'm simply explaining my thoughts in relation to you suggesting "I just want to know how they feel about so many people missing Bobby G". I don't believe they need to address it, even if there was undeniable proof that the majority of their fans come from that era. I don't believe that kind of laundry is productive to the band. Dave Mustaine is known for the way he airs his shit and it's a big reason I read so little from him these days. Overkill would be the same, if they came out and addressed the Bobby G situation there would be rebuttals and come backs and put downs and who knows what else, that's shit I don't need to read that. Booby G has already proved he'd be happy to air something, I don't blame Blitz for not biting when he was given the chance.

I'm listening to the Overkill disco for one of the other threads on the forum, currently I'm up to The Killing Kind and I really don't miss Bobby G so far. To me their best album will probably always be Horrorscope and Bobby G wasn't even on that, but I don't care that others have different thoughts.

Oh I'm not saying he doesn't have talent really. I'm just saying the reference doesn't mean anything to me because I don't know that band. And of course having talent doesn't necessarily mean it's something I would listen to. I think I would not like Rockabilly as a whole. I'm just a thrash guy man lol. That's really all I want, that, some acoustic stuff and solo guitarists like Vai and the like.
But I also like stuff like Primus. and some others.

I'm still surprised that a metal head doesn't know Morbid Angel's Altars of Madness or Terrorizer's World Downfall

I'm not taking anything serious or berating you for having the opinion you do, I'm simply explaining my thoughts in relation to you suggesting "I just want to know how they feel about so many people missing Bobby G". I don't believe they need to address it, even if there was undeniable proof that the majority of their fans come from that era. I don't believe that kind of laundry is productive to the band. Dave Mustaine is known for the way he airs his shit and it's a big reason I read so little from him these days. Overkill would be the same, if they came out and addressed the Bobby G situation there would be rebuttals and come backs and put downs and who knows what else, that's shit I don't need to read that. Booby G has already proved he'd be happy to air something, I don't blame Blitz for not biting when he was given the chance.

I'm listening to the Overkill disco for one of the other threads on the forum, currently I'm up to The Killing Kind and I really don't miss Bobby G so far. To me their best album will probably always be Horrorscope and Bobby G wasn't even on that, but I don't care that others have different thoughts.
I guess I just don't see that as laundry at all. I'm just interested on what their thoughts might be. Anyone can then take that and run with it. but I'm only interested in the facts.
If I had to clock what I think are classics without Bobby G they would be Horrorscope, WFO, Underground. and Ironbound. I might throw in I Hear Black and Immortalis. To me the music with Bobby G has more depth, more moods.A bit darker. But I'll always buy Overkill. Still waiting for the new blue ray box set!

I'm still surprised that a metal head doesn't know Morbid Angel's Altars of Madness or Terrorizer's World Downfall
Cause I'm a thrash guy, it takes me longer to get into or appreciate certain vocal styles. It doesn't mean I won't become a fan of Morbid angel at some point. Shit, there's plenty of thrash I don't like lol. I'm a picky bastard.

I guess I just don't see that as laundry at all. I'm just interested on what their thoughts might be. Anyone can then take that and run with it. but I'm only interested in the facts.
If I had to clock what I think are classics without Bobby G they would be Horrorscope, WFO, Underground. and Ironbound. I might throw in I Hear Black and Immortalis. To me the music with Bobby G has more depth, more moods.A bit darker. But I'll always buy Overkill. Still waiting for the new blue ray box set!

How does one find the facts? One band member says one thing and the other says the opposite, then it goes backwards and forwards like a tennis match. The only choice people really have is to believe the person they like the most. Twenty years on and I don't really trust either side to remember the facts clearly enough.

Currently I've got Horrorscope first with Years of Decay and Grinding Wheel coming up next but I'm not sure how those two will finish up yet. I've listened to Grinding Wheel more often recently than I have Years of Decay so there is some bias there. As for the rest of the disco I'm still not sure how they will rank yet.

Cause I'm a thrash guy, it takes me longer to get into or appreciate certain vocal styles. It doesn't mean I won't become a fan of Morbid angel at some point. Shit, there's plenty of thrash I don't like lol. I'm a picky bastard.

Morbid Angel was bigger for me than Death in those early years. Scream Bloody Gore and Leprosy were out before Altars Of Madness but there was something about Altars that resonated louder than the first two Death albums. Then when Terroriser released what is probably still one of the best grindcore albums in the same year as Altars and people knew it was two members of Morbid Angel it just seemed to wipe Death out. Death came back strong a year later with Spiritual Healing but then by 92 when Morbid Angel became the first big death metal band to tour Australia Death again got put on the back burner for me.

How does one find the facts? One band member says one thing and the other says the opposite, then it goes backwards and forwards like a tennis match. The only choice people really have is to believe the person they like the most. Twenty years on and I don't really trust either side to remember the facts clearly enough.

Currently I've got Horrorscope first with Years of Decay and Grinding Wheel coming up next but I'm not sure how those two will finish up yet. I've listened to Grinding Wheel more often recently than I have Years of Decay so there is some bias there. As for the rest of the disco I'm still not sure how they will rank yet.
Well I mean the facts of their feelings on the subject that's all. Not a he said they said kind of thing.

Morbid Angel was bigger for me than Death in those early years. Scream Bloody Gore and Leprosy were out before Altars Of Madness but there was something about Altars that resonated louder than the first two Death albums. Then when Terroriser released what is probably still one of the best grindcore albums in the same year as Altars and people knew it was two members of Morbid Angel it just seemed to wipe Death out. Death came back strong a year later with Spiritual Healing but then by 92 when Morbid Angel became the first big death metal band to tour Australia Death again got put on the back burner for me.
I'll have to check it out. It was the vocals on the Death albums that kept me sidelined for so many years. But now as you know I have everything they've done and I fucking love it. I'm blown away buy Chuck's talent. I do think they got way better starting with Spiritual Healing but the drums were still not as badass. But from Human on they are pretty untouchable to me. Maybe because they are a little thashier lol

I'll have to check it out. It was the vocals on the Death albums that kept me sidelined for so many years. But now as you know I have everything they've done and I fucking love it. I'm blown away buy Chuck's talent. I do think they got way better starting with Spiritual Healing but the drums were still not as badass. But from Human on they are pretty untouchable to me. Maybe because they are a little thashier lol

When I first heard the death growl I wasn't a huge fan, I liked the music but disliked the fact it was so hard to understand the lyrics. But when Morbid Angel broke something just clicked. I still don't listen to heaps of death metal and those metalcore bands that growl in one verse then sing in another give me the shits but there are still a few death metal bands I will always go back to. I'm not the biggest fan of the new Morbid Angel stuff and it's not all because David left or the fact that the new singer is a bit of a mouthpiece there is just not the power that the band once had.

When I first heard the death growl I wasn't a huge fan, I liked the music but disliked the fact it was so hard to understand the lyrics. But when Morbid Angel broke something just clicked. I still don't listen to heaps of death metal and those metalcore bands that growl in one verse then sing in another give me the shits but there are still a few death metal bands I will always go back to. I'm not the biggest fan of the new Morbid Angel stuff and it's not all because David left or the fact that the new singer is a bit of a mouthpiece there is just not the power that the band once had.
It's great when something just clicks like that though!
Ugh the metalcore formula. Bleh. They either start off screaming then sing like pussies or start off like pussies then scream. No originality at all. It's like they can't figure out if they actually like metal or not lol