The what's going on in Thrash thread

The difference between the same tune played at 115dB and 125dB means there is more noise to cover the mistake made, it may not cover it completely but it goes a long way to masking it. Every sound engineer I have known has used volume to help hide mistakes at least once in their career and not always with metal bands.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
The difference between the same tune played at 115dB and 125dB means there is more noise to cover the mistake made, it may not cover it completely but it goes a long way to masking it. Every sound engineer I have known has used volume to help hide mistakes at least once in their career and not always with metal bands.
So I guess that's what Metallica plays at lol

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Yes we have. And it's an absolutely pointless question.

Yeah I'm kind of surprised it keeps coming up. Zetro is right though, Metallica is easily a tier above the rest of them and that alone pretty much makes the Big 4 redundant no matter how many other bands were around at the start.

A far better discussion for Zetro would be whether he thinks the Big 4 of German thrash are better than anything related to the Big 4 of 'Merican trash.

Reactions: redfly
Oh man, yeah I really don't like that band at all.

The cover of Alison was listenable and far better than many covers I have heard, but I definitely wont be rushing out to buy their album just because of it.

Yeah I'm kind of surprised it keeps coming up. Zetro is right though, Metallica is easily a tier above the rest of them and that alone pretty much makes the Big 4 redundant no matter how many other bands were around at the start.

A far better discussion for Zetro would be whether he thinks the Big 4 of German thrash are better than anything related to the Big 4 of 'Merican trash.
Well but it's the Big4 of the 80's. I think the fact Germany had to go and do their own big4 is stupid. It came up naturally here. To then say oh we need a big4 too is dumb imo.

Reactions: Slammed
Well but it's the Big4 of the 80's. I think the fact Germany had to go and do their own big4 is stupid. It came up naturally here. To then say oh we need a big4 too is dumb imo.

I think it's dumb for any country to do it, even when Australia did it it was stupid, pointless and little more than something else for the fans to argue about. I prefer Sodom, Kreator (except in the 'experimental years') and Tankard more than I like Anthrax and Megadeth anyway. Metallica I like but aren't really on the same level and Slayer for me are better than them all but labelling any of them as a big 4 seems to be more about the fans wanting to feel a part of a bigger group rather than anything else.

I think it's dumb for any country to do it, even when Australia did it it was stupid, pointless and little more than something else for the fans to argue about. I prefer Sodom, Kreator (except in the 'experimental years') and Tankard more than I like Anthrax and Megadeth anyway. Metallica I like but aren't really on the same level and Slayer for me are better than them all but labelling any of them as a big 4 seems to be more about the fans wanting to feel a part of a bigger group rather than anything else.
It really wasn't about the fans wanting anything. It's just who the fans liked better and therefore sold more albums than the rest.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed