The what's going on in Thrash thread

He might have a point, his biggest regret at the moment seems to be that they didn't invite him back, not that he left in the first place.
It's going to be interesting to see how much this BS is going to help his book sales. It's obvious he's on the media cycle for the release whenever it is but it seems like the only fans he's not loosing are the sort of fans who think a band like JP can run 50 years without changing.

Reactions: redfly
So I got ST and it's typical ST, there is nothing about it not to like if you're an ST fan, especially an old school ST fan. It's probably not an album to bring new fans in or drag those who sit on the fence in but it's what Mike does and he does it well. I really would like to hear the original of these songs to compare how much difference 20+ years makes but none the less it's a cool ST album.

I also got Korpiklaani, but it's both folk metal and the lyrics are in Finnish so I doubt you'd be interested but it's a brilliant album and those guys are fun to mellow out to.

I've got Tantara going on the next mail order and Metal Allegiance is on the 'not sure' list. I had a listening party of one at the shop yesterday and got to listen to a minute or so of every track and I'm still not sold. I think the big difference with MA is that you can be a fan of any or all of the musicians in their own groups but in other groups they become a bit of an unknown quantity. Buying ST was a no brainer, I've been a fan since the early days and despite the members changing it's still the same basic formula with different songs. That formula isn't present in MA so I think it takes a bit more convincing.

He might have a point, his biggest regret at the moment seems to be that they didn't invite him back, not that he left in the first place.
It's going to be interesting to see how much this BS is going to help his book sales. It's obvious he's on the media cycle for the release whenever it is but it seems like the only fans he's not loosing are the sort of fans who think a band like JP can run 50 years without changing.
He may there. He's definitely trying to make himself sound the saint and then speaking negatively and then the saint etc, etc. Almost Mustane-ish. Only more polite lol.

Reactions: Slammed
So I got ST and it's typical ST, there is nothing about it not to like if you're an ST fan, especially an old school ST fan. It's probably not an album to bring new fans in or drag those who sit on the fence in but it's what Mike does and he does it well. I really would like to hear the original of these songs to compare how much difference 20+ years makes but none the less it's a cool ST album.

I also got Korpiklaani, but it's both folk metal and the lyrics are in Finnish so I doubt you'd be interested but it's a brilliant album and those guys are fun to mellow out to.

I've got Tantara going on the next mail order and Metal Allegiance is on the 'not sure' list. I had a listening party of one at the shop yesterday and got to listen to a minute or so of every track and I'm still not sold. I think the big difference with MA is that you can be a fan of any or all of the musicians in their own groups but in other groups they become a bit of an unknown quantity. Buying ST was a no brainer, I've been a fan since the early days and despite the members changing it's still the same basic formula with different songs. That formula isn't present in MA so I think it takes a bit more convincing.
Yeah I would have a hard time getting into something in a foreign language I think.

Reactions: Slammed
He may there. He's definitely trying to make himself sound the saint and then speaking negatively and then the saint etc, etc. Almost Mustane-ish. Only more polite lol.

It's an interesting article. If it was was the first and only article you'd read from him you probably wouldn't immediately think he was a fruit cake, but as you say he just keeps changing his position. If the articles are anything to go by the book is going to be hard to read because he'll change thoughts on every darn page.

Yeah I would have a hard time getting into something in a foreign language I think.

For me it's like mellowing out to Dark Side of The Moon or something similar. I don't need the words to mellow out, in fact often the words 'harsh the mellow' (as my missus keeps telling em I do when I pick on her singing). I know some of the words, but I'm far from proficient, but I can mostly switch off and just hear the music.

If I couldn't just mellow out and listen to music at least once a week I'd go bat shit crazy.

I saw those this morning. Sound is not great but if they released a pro shot of that gig it would be cool.

You're not wrong. I just skipped to 25 and several skips after and it seems to be from there to the end. That's pretty poor given that it appears to actually be an official release from the festival.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly