The what's going on in Thrash thread

Then Kerry really should do it! If anyone is going to kick start an apocalypse it should be Kerry!

Reactions: redfly
I know I believe it’s because they have been stressed and the diseased ones always show those signs first! I am welcoming the fall though crisp air for the tight Metal!Did you get to hang with your Lady from Maine at all this summer?
I like it except it's closer to winter lol. It's gonna be real lame here in the winter!
Lol no not yet. I can't escape, it's been one family visit after another. But she's gonna come up soon. I just got a sweet ass care package from her :D

I like it except it's closer to winter lol. It's gonna be real lame here in the winter!
Lol no not yet. I can't escape, it's been one family visit after another. But she's gonna come up soon. I just got a sweet ass care package from her :D
Don’t let her get away Redfly!

C'mon Ellefson, Thirteen was almost as shitty an album as Super Collider. And still passing the blame about Risk. It's well documented that Mustaine asked Lars for advice and he told him he had to take more risks with his career.

www.blabbermouth.net/news/david-ellefson-says-megadeth-should-have-chosen-heavier-song-as-first-single-from-super-collider/

Jnr has learned to be diplomatic. I don't think he's silly, he knows what SC and 13, even Risk were but if he admits it there is too many other questions people will ask him. There is also the 'don't shit where you eat' mantra. If he spends his time shitting on those albums and the new one which they have apparently spent all year writing (along with all the gigs and other bands and management and coffee and wine) is the same level of dud it shows he's learned nothing. I'm thinking he'd rather forget those albums but he's gotta compare something to something.

Jnr has learned to be diplomatic. I don't think he's silly, he knows what SC and 13, even Risk were but if he admits it there is too many other questions people will ask him. There is also the 'don't shit where you eat' mantra. If he spends his time shitting on those albums and the new one which they have apparently spent all year writing (along with all the gigs and other bands and management and coffee and wine) is the same level of dud it shows he's learned nothing. I'm thinking he'd rather forget those albums but he's gotta compare something to something.
He doesn't have to shit on them or make excuses. There's other options for him. But I guess when you're not a founding member you can't speak your mind.

Reactions: Slammed
He doesn't have to shit on them or make excuses. There's other options for him. But I guess when you're not a founding member you can't speak your mind.

You're right he doesn't have to shit on them but at the same time I think admitting the same thing most fans do could be twisted that way. I also think it's a bit of an automatic reaction too. After all they spent their time and effort making an album they at the time thought was worthy of release. Whether it sold well or not they still created it and therefore probably liked it at some point, not putting your own work down is probably a fair thing to do.

Just listened to the new Dyers Eve. Sounds exactly like the original that I listened to yesterday lol

I'm not overly surprised. What was Lars and James really going to do, they don't understand what fans wanted and they don't care. At this point it's all about money to them.

I'm not overly surprised. What was Lars and James really going to do, they don't understand what fans wanted and they don't care. At this point it's all about money to them.
They don't care is exactly right. I go on you tube and there's more people re doing that album for bass than I thought possible. Stubborn bastards.

Reactions: Slammed
They don't care is exactly right. I go on you tube and there's more people re doing that album for bass than I thought possible. Stubborn bastards.

Redoing it with bass would mean Lars was once wrong and I think we all know that is just not possible.