The what's going on in Thrash thread

Hmmm, well we know has Gary has stuff going on and I wouldn't be shocked if Paul drums for whatever Kerry is gonna do. Maybe even Gary will be in on it. So yeah that just leaves Tom. But I think Kerry really likes touring so he could always do a Slayer studio album if they aren't going to tour without breaking up his routine to much. The singer will be make or break for Kerry. He needs to use someone established. My vote is for Chuck Billy :D...or if he could get him to man up on a consistent basis, Peter Dolving ex The Haunted. Their first album is very Slayery.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
What's Gary got to do? Zetro has it all under control :)

I think there was a suggestion that Slayer could still record but Tom was struggling with being on the road. Whether that actually happens I don't know. However I think if Kerry really wants to run a solo career of any kind he's nearly got to get a singer who is the polar opposite of Tom or too many will just call it Slayer Mk II and expect more slayer type music.

Reactions: redfly
God, why'd it have to be Hartford?! lol I avoid that place like the plague!

I've asked both Gilbert and Spencer about any special additions or anything like that for the upcoming album. And nothing. I miss Mark and Jason and Craig :yell:. The Flotsam website has turned into the worst most pointless site ever.:mad:
Well that’s not very cool of them!Yeah that site just blows now!!!

Yeah me too, I preordered it a little late so I probably won’t get it by Friday’s release date.A release like this I don’t seek out and download first if it leaks!The only con about it is that it seems to be much shorter in length.

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
I'll look for it at my local on Friday but I doubt they will have it. I generally don't pre-order but I forgot the date of this one anyway so I'll probably download it and order it in a week or two when I put in my next order.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
What's Gary got to do? Zetro has it all under control :)

I think there was a suggestion that Slayer could still record but Tom was struggling with being on the road. Whether that actually happens I don't know. However I think if Kerry really wants to run a solo career of any kind he's nearly got to get a singer who is the polar opposite of Tom or too many will just call it Slayer Mk II and expect more slayer type music.
No, a Tom clone wouldn't work. But someone like Dolving isn't like a clone. It's just close enough so his voice has the qualities we like in Tom's without actually ripping it off.

Reactions: Slammed
No, a Tom clone wouldn't work. But someone like Dolving isn't like a clone. It's just close enough so his voice has the qualities we like in Tom's without actually ripping it off.

I kind of think anyone already in thrash will be compared to Tom, even if unfairly. I wouldn't have a problem with Kerry taking over the vocals for his own stuff, he's got a gruff voice and his lyrics could really suit the angry image that is Kerry.

I kind of think anyone already in thrash will be compared to Tom, even if unfairly. I wouldn't have a problem with Kerry taking over the vocals for his own stuff, he's got a gruff voice and his lyrics could really suit the angry image that is Kerry.
Idk, anyone will have to live up to the standards of evil front man Tom set, but I don't think someone like Chuck or Blitz or whoever old school he got would really be compared to him at least not so much that it was actually a complaint. I could be wrong.
I have never heard Kerry's voice other than speaking!?

Reactions: Slammed
Idk, anyone will have to live up to the standards of evil front man Tom set, but I don't think someone like Chuck or Blitz or whoever old school he got would really be compared to him at least not so much that it was actually a complaint. I could be wrong.
I have never heard Kerry's voice other than speaking!?

The lack of hearing him sing is the reason he should do it. Anyone who compares him to Tom would be an idiot and it would give him the chance to create something that is entirely Kerry.

I can't believe there's trees changing already :(
I know I believe it’s because they have been stressed and the diseased ones always show those signs first! I am welcoming the fall though crisp air for the tight Metal!Did you get to hang with your Lady from Maine at all this summer?