The what's going on in Thrash thread

Not bad at all.

They are a band that needs to evolve little to become a really good band. The rest of the album has some really good stuff on it but at times the vocals let it down because they seem to loose the rhythm a bit. There is some powerhouse drumming on the album too, but the worst thing in the name and the album title., Exothermic Reaction is a scientific term and it's a lot more popular than Exothermix Reaction and Google ignores the X and only shows results for science stuff. It's a bugger to get around because Google thinks it's smart enough to know what you are searching for.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Looking down the new releases list for the last few weeks there has been quite a bit of speed metal, thrash and old school thrash coming out from all over the world. Some of it doesn't work for me but there are a few bands holding the banner high for thrash and speed metal. Exothermix, Dust Bowl, Fabulous Desaster and Ancestor are but a few that look like they have a future. After Burner and Hellbringer are a few of the Aussie bands that look they are doing similar.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
No worries!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/da...t-down-a-little-bit-with-the-political-stuff/

Dave says they had a 'huge head start' on this album, damn could you imagine how long it would take without the head start? :)

I'm kind of happy he's toning down the political stuff. No one needs one side politics in music and that's what it becomes these days. However I think Dave's written some interesting lyics that border on political over the years. I think the key is to not name names, people will attribute any song to anyone they want but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be written because of a few butt hurt people.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
No worries!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/da...t-down-a-little-bit-with-the-political-stuff/

Dave says they had a 'huge head start' on this album, damn could you imagine how long it would take without the head start? :)

I'm kind of happy he's toning down the political stuff. No one needs one side politics in music and that's what it becomes these days. However I think Dave's written some interesting lyics that border on political over the years. I think the key is to not name names, people will attribute any song to anyone they want but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be written because of a few butt hurt people.
But if he's not getting political and he's not doing black magic stuff. What's that leave? Just his stupid car songs?

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed