The what's going on in Thrash thread

Looks like there was truth to the rumor... Dark Angel reunites. I seriously hope this won't affect Testament's plans with Gene.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=193573

I can't imagine Dark Angel reunion without Jim Durkin or Brett Eriksen. Plus Don was not their best vocalist. I'm not holding my breath, but wish them best of luck. BTW, has that VIKING album Gene recorded drums for come out yet?

Yeah, especially that without Durkin/Eriksen this probably will end before it starts. Will they even play stuff off TDNH and LS with this line up? I doubt Gene would get on board without being assured they will, though. I wonder how Dotty will handle it.

Yeah, it was long overdue. I've lowered my iron fist, thousands of people have died and it's one man's fate now, at least for the next 10 years :)

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

It wouldn't be the first time when BBM posts rumours, although Dotty did sound like this was all confirmed and DA was to become Gene's priority.

Man, seems like somebody has a big mouth. I recall there's always been some weird PR in the band. Some things don't change apparently. Anyway, following this read I'm not holding my breath. Will be nice to check out the new Viking.

This whole thing is getting weirder and weirder, but I guess Don was the source of confusion here. He was a good screamer, a bit generic perhaps but entertaining nevertheless. Ron was more versatile and unique, although I do understand some could find him irritating and too operatic for brutal Thrash. Don's voice, on the other hand, could have been too limited for the complexity of their later material. Overall I'll go with Ron and hope to seem him do the reunion.

Both singers kind of sound like a mix of Exodus and Megadeth to me.In a good way.And I'll add that I've only heard a few songs by both.But I like it.