The what's going on in Thrash thread

This really is a solid new release,a true return to form.But that video almost gave me a fucking seizure,holy shit lol!!!

Well I did it!!!Pulled the damn trigger and just ordered the jap.version of the fucker :rofl::rolleyes:

Reactions: redfly
Hey guys some belated news from me:

1. Watchtower have digitally released 3 new songs off of Mathematics. Apparently they had managed to talk Alan Tecchio into getting back once again. Ron Jarzombek says there's an EP coming soon:

2. Toxik have released pre-production version of their EP some time ago. I haven't heard about the EP being released, but I'll be keeping my eye on that.

3. The Paradox guys aren't slowing down and have a new album out that's called Pangea:

4. D.R.I. will release an EP in 4 days and have put up a teaser:

https://www.reverbnation.com/dri3/song/24906315-dri-new-ep-teaser

Redfly, I feel the same about Anacrusis. Them and Coroner were the two bands I'd thought would never reunite. Now I guess I can wait for Watchtower, Despair, Sacrosanct, Airdash, Equinox, Antidote, Aftermath, Aspid, Geisha Goner, Seventh Angel, Hexenhaus, Juggernaut, Wrekking Machine, Solitude, Cyclone Temple and so many more to follow :)

I'm happy to note that another band from my dream list is working on a new album - namely Hexenhaus. Their facebook is the source https://www.facebook.com/Hexenhaus-113006215444500/ and apparently we can expect the release pretty soon.

Meanwhile, Brian Troch from Cyclone Temple seems to be doing some solid rock and roll in Shooting Hemlock. That's a long way from Thrash and probably long way to get back, but still a pretty good listen:

Let me begin by stating that Watchtower was never about the vocals to me (obviously). That being said, I somehow got used to hearing Alan rather than Jason. Not that the difference between them is huge, but when I think of Watchtower's voice, the stuff from Control and Resistance comes to my mind first. Maybe because I listened to that album more than to the other one. McMaster was so 80's back in the day, not necessarily in a good way. It's interesting how his voice has developed, though. I haven't listened to much of his stuff recently, but he sure can sing and I'd be happy to see him in the band as well. Have you heard this cover?

Hey guys some belated news from me:

2. Toxik have released pre-production version of their EP some time ago. I haven't heard about the EP being released, but I'll be keeping my eye on that.

The real thing is never coming out