The what's going on in Thrash thread

I'll have to listen again. I didn't hear that rap thing the first time. I thought his delivery was a lot like that DA song.
You know what? the site has a lot of lag for me now lol.

Reactions: Slammed
I'll have to listen again. I didn't hear that the first time. I thought his delivery was a lot like that DA song.
You know what? the site has a lot of lag for me now lol.

Woohoo new page :)

Maybe I had forgotten about the DA song. I don't really know why I thought of Mordred, the music is nothing like it, but the vocals did make me think of them. There was another band recently, and I'm thinking one of those bands with members of other bands who broke up, that it reminded me of but I just can't think of the song.

Reactions: redfly
Woohoo new page :)

Maybe I had forgotten about the DA song. I don't really know why I thought of Mordred, the music is nothing like it, but the vocals did make me think of them. There was another band recently, and I'm thinking one of those bands with members of other bands who broke up, that it reminded me of but I just can't think of the song.
Wow I forgot about Mordred...did they have rap?

Wow I forgot about Mordred...did they have rap?

Actually Metal Archives list them as Funk/metal, maybe I'm getting my subgenres mixed up again and I'm thinking funk not rap for those vocals on Hatchet.

Mordred kind of stand out for me as unique, they might not be but I never really went down that path so maybe the comparison is unfair.

Ohhhh I sort of remember funk/metal from the 90's lol. 247spyz comes to mind? Maybe Fishbone? or is that not metal enough? lol. Idk.

I honestly can't think of any Mordred songs. I'm going to have to look.

The one Mordred song I remember is Everyday's a Holiday. It was hammered on our video shows back then.

It was a bit of a pompous song about entitled musos. "Everyday's a holiday when you're just like me!" All about being in a band and not having to work for a living, but it was also kind of catchy.

Yeah I don't think they did much after the mid 90's. Not sure if funk metal died or they did, or both

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ph...ing-its-easily-the-best-thing-weve-ever-done/

I don't blame bands for saying their latest is their greatest, if you didn't think that about your own work why would you put it out, but I really hope the new SR album is as great as they say. Would be a shame to wait 23 years for something mediocre. The producer, although I didn't know his name has got some decent pedigree with Power Trip and Cav Conspiracy, both had great sounding albums by him.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ph...ing-its-easily-the-best-thing-weve-ever-done/

I don't blame bands for saying their latest is their greatest, if you didn't think that about your own work why would you put it out, but I really hope the new SR album is as great as they say. Would be a shame to wait 23 years for something mediocre. The producer, although I didn't know his name has got some decent pedigree with Power Trip and Cav Conspiracy, both had great sounding albums by him.
Yeah I hope it will be! 23 years is a long time to lose it...cough Metal Church... I'll take your word about the producer.

Yeah I hope it will be! 23 years is a long time to lose it...cough Metal Church... I'll take your word about the producer.

Both of Power Trip's albums are some damn good thrash. They do cop a bit of flack from some people for being too simple and nothing original but they've produced two really solid thrash metal albums. Cav's on the other hand was a bit different, even though the album wasn't great and not every song was brilliant the album as a whole was produced well and stands close to nearly everything else they have done. If Arthur Rizk can get SR to sound like SR did 23 years ago it should be a good album, if SR can be as good as they were 23 years ago it should be a great album.

Both of Power Trip's albums are some damn good thrash. They do cop a bit of flack from some people for being too simple and nothing original but they've produced two really solid thrash metal albums. Cav's on the other hand was a bit different, even though the album wasn't great and not every song was brilliant the album as a whole was produced well and stands close to nearly everything else they have done. If Arthur Rizk can get SR to sound like SR did 23 years ago it should be a good album, if SR can be as good as they were 23 years ago it should be a great album.
Solid Thrash = Good.