The what's going on in Thrash thread

I didn't see any ads in the bit I watched. I do run an ad blocker but not sure it blocks YT ads.

Reactions: redfly
Yeah I do too. I'm not sure if I want it more like Slaughter or more like The Law. I'd probably tend more towards the thrash of Slaughter than the groove of The Law, but their second album, if that what is really considered groove was still pretty good.

I hope they don't go too groovy. There has been quite a few groove metal releases on band camp and the like in the last year and many of them seem to be getting progressively worse.

I wonder how they survive doing such short tours? They must only take a few days off and hit it again? I'd imagine DD and Blitz have some dough saved. But I wonder if the other guys have to have day jobs.

Reactions: Slammed
17 days (from memory that was one figure offered), that's probably three weeks on the road, then a similar time off and another three weeks on the road. I reckon that's quite manageable. Smaller gigs would mean a lower pay check but they'd also mean, smaller costs, smaller crews and less stress. If as a band you could spend the equivalent of half the year playing for several thousand a night I reckon that's a pretty decent base to be coming from. There would be downsides but there would also be perks. It might not be 'making it' but Overkill are regularly putting out gig news on FB so although they might feel the rest they get every few weeks it's not immediate from their social media.

Wow in not anything to do with thrash news, I just found out that my mum's cousin, the lighting tech that Phish and Jack Black wrote songs about when he ripped them off with their drugs was killed in a truck accident yesterday. Apparently he left America after his wife died and came back here to escape the music industry and drugs (although long haul truck driving probably wasn't the best job for that).

Wow in not anything to do with thrash news, I just found out that my mum's cousin, the lighting tech that Phish and Jack Black wrote songs about when he ripped them off with their drugs was killed in a truck accident yesterday. Apparently he left America after his wife died and came back here to escape the music industry and drugs (although long haul truck driving probably wasn't the best job for that).
Oh man! I'm really very sorry to hear that. My sincere condolences.
Lee right?

Last edited:
Thanks, we weren't that close he's lived overseas longer than he's lived here. I find it interesting that he escaped what I once really wanted to do as a career for a job doing what I started out doing, maybe my life as a sound and lighting tech is still to come :)

Like missing drugs :)
He used to like it when he first started but it was easy to see the years took a toll on him. Long tours didn't bother him as much when he was younger but like most musos say when it comes to having a wife and kids spending months on the road is not great. Because he owned the business he often completed one tour and immediately started another. Working for himself as a long haul truck driver in this country probably would have given him a similar time at home, similar long hours so he might have had less stress but he'd still have had fuck all family life.

Yeah I think that's the case too.

I was watching Wrecking Everything Live before. I'd forgotten how good that show was, it was funny to hear Bobby talk about old classics like the songs from Under the Influence when today all the songs on the 2002 release are old classics :)

Strange people pop up at a Death Angel show.

60873567_10157149771144707_4957654142450401280_n.jpg