The what's going on in Thrash thread

Yeah I think that's the case too.

I was watching Wrecking Everything Live before. I'd forgotten how good that show was, it was funny to hear Bobby talk about old classics like the songs from Under the Influence when today all the songs on the 2002 release are old classics :)
Haha or when he says you people make me feel like 39 again. That's a great show.

Reactions: Slammed
Strange people pop up at a Death Angel show.

60873567_10157149771144707_4957654142450401280_n.jpg
If only we could get DARK ANGEL together like that.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I think they did before with the last album? Maybe even some footage? Idk.
I'm looking forward to another one.

I really only remember them talking about the fight that started/ended last year with Overkill, but my memory is not so good. I'm interested to hear what the latest record has to say.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Well if he's going to be that active with the page they had better produce some new music soon!

I agree. He posts something from his own and from DA at least once a week, often it's the same stuff but sometimes it's DA specific things, so he's really active on FB jsut not with the band themselves.

Reactions: redfly
Check this out for some interesting figures.

60390627_639943576478630_4140503495893581824_n.jpg

The last set of drummer data I posted was Flo Mounier’s. Jason Bittner (Overkill) saw the post and mentioned in a comment that he’d be in Detroit the following day and wanted to do the study, too. We got in touch, and 24 hours later, we were collecting data at his show!
Here’s what we found:
Jason’s total energy expenditure was 983 calories over the 88-minute set (~11 cal/min). ‘Necroshine’ was the most intense song (~13 cal/min, but once Jason got started, he maintained a very high intensity throughout the entire show…the lowest-intensity song was still ~11 cal/min (Rotten to the Core)!
Maximum heart rate (HRmax) can be predicted based on a person’s age. There are a couple different equations you can use, and based on those Jason’s HRmax would be 171-174 bpm. However, there is a lot of variation in HRmax between individuals, so actual HRmax can differ substantially from the predicted HRmax. It was clear from Jason’s HR trace that he is one of the individuals for whom this calculation does not hold – his peak HR during the show was 186 bpm!
Based on this HRmax, Jason spent almost the ENTIRE show (93 %) in the ‘vigorous’ exercise intensity zone (77-95 %HRmax)…and another 3 % in the ‘near or at maximal’ zone (95-100 %HRmax).

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Check this out for some interesting figures.

60390627_639943576478630_4140503495893581824_n.jpg

The last set of drummer data I posted was Flo Mounier’s. Jason Bittner (Overkill) saw the post and mentioned in a comment that he’d be in Detroit the following day and wanted to do the study, too. We got in touch, and 24 hours later, we were collecting data at his show!
Here’s what we found:
Jason’s total energy expenditure was 983 calories over the 88-minute set (~11 cal/min). ‘Necroshine’ was the most intense song (~13 cal/min, but once Jason got started, he maintained a very high intensity throughout the entire show…the lowest-intensity song was still ~11 cal/min (Rotten to the Core)!
Maximum heart rate (HRmax) can be predicted based on a person’s age. There are a couple different equations you can use, and based on those Jason’s HRmax would be 171-174 bpm. However, there is a lot of variation in HRmax between individuals, so actual HRmax can differ substantially from the predicted HRmax. It was clear from Jason’s HR trace that he is one of the individuals for whom this calculation does not hold – his peak HR during the show was 186 bpm!
Based on this HRmax, Jason spent almost the ENTIRE show (93 %) in the ‘vigorous’ exercise intensity zone (77-95 %HRmax)…and another 3 % in the ‘near or at maximal’ zone (95-100 %HRmax).
Surprised after all these years that Necroshine is the most intense.

Yeah I think the biggest hit was the nose cancer. Thankfully he beat the shit out of it!

I don't know how much they were into the alcohol and drugs than many bands seem to get lost in but they have always appeared to stay focused. It's always said that Overkill don't change much and they always have that same sound, but there is more to it than just that I think. I think Overkill have discovered that magic formula that keeps them united and focused and they enjoy the hell out of what they are doing. I'm not sure all bands can say that.

Surprised after all these years that Necroshine is the most intense.

Yeah I was kind of surprised about that too, although it might change every night given how little variance there is in the figures. I'm surprised how long he can withstand such a high level of vigorous activity, that's a long time to be at 90% without exploding. I'd love to see how much difference there is between someone like Bittner and Hoglan or Lomardo

I don't know how much they were into the alcohol and drugs than many bands seem to get lost in but they have always appeared to stay focused. It's always said that Overkill don't change much and they always have that same sound, but there is more to it than just that I think. I think Overkill have discovered that magic formula that keeps them united and focused and they enjoy the hell out of what they are doing. I'm not sure all bands can say that.
Very true on all fronts. It's just to bad it took nose cancer for Blitz to chill out on the cigarettes, maybe if he'd stopped sooner it wouldn't have happened..but who can say. I'm glad he's not had those episodes with the strokes in a while. At least not that I've heard of.

Yeah I was kind of surprised about that too, although it might change every night given how little variance there is in the figures. I'm surprised how long he can withstand such a high level of vigorous activity, that's a long time to be at 90% without exploding. I'd love to see how much difference there is between someone like Bittner and Hoglan or Lomardo
I figured it would be a Ron song or one of the new ones. Yeah I'd love to have that compared to Gene and Dave.

Very true on all fronts. It's just to bad it took nose cancer for Blitz to chill out on the cigarettes, maybe if he'd stopped sooner it wouldn't have happened..but who can say. I'm glad he's not had those episodes with the strokes in a while. At least not that I've heard of.

I honestly don't know how any vocalist smokes and sings for a career, it fucked me and I only did it (poorly) for about 4 years. Obviously lubrication helps and bourbon works better than most but you can't spend your days half pissed just to sing at night and enjoy a few smokes.

I figured it would be a Ron song or one of the new ones. Yeah I'd love to have that compared to Gene and Dave.

I wonder if we'd see a peak either way with Dave and Gene. Gene seems more relaxed and controlled, not that he's not a powerhouse, where as Dave really seems to go hell for leather. I wonder if that would mean Gene sustains a lower heart rate, there has to be something that stops a guy that size exploding.