The what's going on in Thrash thread

Gary's rarely wrong, he might be a little outspoken at times but he does usually come across as some one who knows what he's talking about and doesn't just make shit up or sprout opinions based on nothing. He's one of the few in the industry I actually look forward to seeing interviews with.
Straight shooter!

Reactions: Slammed
I should have started a list of the worst ones I've seen. I've watched so many I can't remember even a quarter of them.

Yeah most of my bad ones would be 80's and 90's flicks that I'd have to dig deep for because I don't think I've seen that many recent ones, but at the same time shitty 80's and 90's movies do also have some appeal

Reactions: redfly
Yeah most of my bad ones would be 80's and 90's flicks that I'd have to dig deep for because I don't think I've seen that many recent ones, but at the same time shitty 80's and 90's movies do also have some appeal
Oh man I've seen so many awful newer ones it's unbelievable. You're right at least the 80's and 90's ones had something about them. These newer ones are all rehashed..badly.

Oh man I've seen so many awful newer ones it's unbelievable. You're right at least the 80's and 90's ones had something about them. These newer ones are all rehashed..badly.

I've probably avoided many news ones simply because I expected them to be shit. I have probably also missed some good movies for the same reason but I also haven't had a shit load of time to watch movies for the last few years.

I think there was about 15 million zombie movies I skipped deliberately, I do however remember liking Zombie land. I also remember seeing Hereditary and despite everyone else think it was great I thought it was shit.

There is a new Zombieland coming which I will get around to watching but I wont be lining up for too many more.

I suppose zombies do write themselves. Hands out, bad make up, no real need for dialogue and they just walk around with people who have weapons. Once the location is chosen the writing is half done. Do the filming right and you don't even need too many scenes with baseball bats exploding heads.

I think Zombieland is August? Can't remember but my wife told me about it last night when I was talking about the new Bill Murray Zombie movie called The Dead Don't Die with Iggy Pop and Steve Buscemi in it. Bill Murray is actually in the new Zombieland...and Iggy Pop doesn't need make up to play a zombie :)

I can't remember if I've seen WWZ, my wife is not a Brad Pitt fan (not that I am), so we might not have got around to seeing it.

LOl! I was gonna say. Iggy pop was already in character!

Brad Pitt takes a lot of shit. Everyone's opinion is valid on it. Personally I think he's done a bunch of really good flicks.
World War Z could have been better. It also could have been worse. I just liked the big global feel of it.

Looking at Bill Murray he's nearly in character too :)

My wife loves Fight Club, but there is one particular movie, I can't remember which, that she hates Brad Pitt for. For me I'm just not a fan I don't have to avoid movies because of him.

I suppose one could say Bill looks good for his age, but he ages damn quickly in the last 10 years or so,

TBH I couldn't name too many of the movies he was in, but I'm willing to bet I've seen a few. He was brilliant in Dead Pool 2 though :)