The what's going on in Thrash thread

I've wondered that as well. Because you're right, at least to us he didn't seem to even try. Whatever it is it's disheartening.

Did anyone else try? I know there was talk at one stage that Dave was the reason Marty and Nick didn't reform for something (I can't remember what) but most articles I remember seem to just blame Dave without really throwing out much detail. It's like he's an easy target so they just offer him up for people to kick.

Reactions: redfly
Did anyone else try? I know there was talk at one stage that Dave was the reason Marty and Nick didn't reform for something (I can't remember what) but most articles I remember seem to just blame Dave without really throwing out much detail. It's like he's an easy target so they just offer him up for people to kick.
No I don't think anyone did. But I don't think anyone would count unless Dave was into it. Jr maybe could have been supportive of it and that could have helped. But no, I never heard of anyone else trying. Dave talked about it and Nick's widow talked about how nothing seemed to be happening and that was the last I heard.

Reactions: Slammed
I wonder how heavy it can get. I remember AK saying a few months back that it was half written and heavier but EOC was pretty darn heavy and relentless. Did they not offer us something with that album or did they save the extra special heavy as shit stuff all for the follow up.
I feel like all they really would have to do is go back to some gang vocals. Which I'd be all for. I kinda wish Testament would. I miss them.

No I don't think anyone did. But I don't think anyone would count unless Dave was into it. Jr maybe could have been supportive of it and that could have helped. But no, I never heard of anyone else trying. Dave talked about it and Nick's widow talked about how nothing seemed to be happening and that was the last I heard.

Oh I'm sure Dave would get the final word and if he said no the media would be right on to it. I just don't remember any articles suggesting anyone went to Dave and floated the idea. But I do remember a few articles saying Dave killed any ideas like it. To some degree the reissues over the last few months would have been a good time to do something but maybe timelines didn't cross or something silly like that.

I feel like all they really would have to do is go back to some gang vocals. Which I'd be all for. I kinda wish Testament would. I miss them.

I was surprised they had so much from the last recording sessions (I think AK said it was a full albums worth that's why the next album would be within a year). I do hope they take their time to fine tune the new songs though. They might well be good songs but 20+ songs in one session while picking all the songs for EOC could mean that some of the songs were less than perfect.

I don't think I've read anything with an interviewer bringing it up. Kinda surprising actually, it seems like a gold mine of shit stirring lol. And this would have been a great time for it. Or anytime in the last year.

I was surprised they had so much from the last recording sessions (I think AK said it was a full albums worth that's why the next album would be within a year). I do hope they take their time to fine tune the new songs though. They might well be good songs but 20+ songs in one session while picking all the songs for EOC could mean that some of the songs were less than perfect.
I guess everyone writes now, so I think the odds are in their and our favor.

I don't think I've read anything with an interviewer bringing it up. Kinda surprising actually, it seems like a gold mine of shit stirring lol. And this would have been a great time for it. Or anytime in the last year.

Metal Injection are looking for a social media manager to do interviews and shit. Maybe you could apply and add to your resume "I want to bring Dave to task, I would hound him relentlessly to find out why he wont play with past members. If he wont talk to me I'll make something up!"

I guess everyone writes now, so I think the odds are in their and our favor.

Yeah my only fear is that there has been quite a few bands over the time that have written enough for two albums and the second album is a let down.

Metal Injection are looking for a social media manager to do interviews and shit. Maybe you could apply and add to your resume "I want to bring Dave to task, I would hound him relentlessly to find out why he wont play with past members. If he wont talk to me I'll make something up!"
Bwahaha! :headbang: I could do that.

True enough. If it make any difference I think some of this last album were left over from the self titled. Both good albums.

Oh I didn't realise they'd been hanging on to some. Maybe Bittner could play them properly :)

:lol: people have gotten jobs with less!

The other thing would be getting caught out with the question "Is there anything that could stop you doing this job?" "Yeah I think black metal sucks and I don't have a hard on for proving Dave Mustaine wrong!"