The what's going on in Thrash thread

His beard looked crooked on his face at one point too, maybe that's a resulting of baking too long :)

Reactions: redfly
Picked up the new one today,not digging most of it!On the other hand I have never heard of these guys before. I guess Damien the Bassist in Death Angel is in this band as well

I was listening to their first album on stream last night and it's ok but it's a mix match of strange vocals, some really thrashy, some groovish, but the music is pretty darn heavy. I might give the new one a go.

Death Angel isn't too bad, there is still something in the vocals that bugs me a little bit but that clip above is pretty hard and heavy, possibly the fastest track on the album.

I was listening to their first album on stream last night and it's ok but it's a mix match of strange vocals, some really thrashy, some groovish, but the music is pretty darn heavy. I might give the new one a go.

Death Angel isn't too bad, there is still something in the vocals that bugs me a little bit but that clip above is pretty hard and heavy, possibly the fastest track on the album.
Yeah it’s just those cheesy choruses that bother me!

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
Reactions: Slammed
I think that could be the only reason I'd check it out lol. I love horror but it's really hard to find a quality one. Which I doubt this is :)

Yeah I'm not thinking it's going to be award winning either, but at the same time I have watched some shitty horror films in my time, watching this might be an improvement :)

He's not wrong. that and the fact that they get their music shoved in everyone's face. God there music has ruined so many action and horror movies. that shit just doesn't fit the mood.

Gary's rarely wrong, he might be a little outspoken at times but he does usually come across as some one who knows what he's talking about and doesn't just make shit up or sprout opinions based on nothing. He's one of the few in the industry I actually look forward to seeing interviews with.

Yeah it’s just those cheesy choruses that bother me!

From Death Angel I'm getting a touch of heavy thrash and some old school thrown in. Vocals that vary between songs but I don't hate and some really good riff work. Will listen again this afternoon and listen with a bit more attention to detail.

From Potential Threat I get quite a heavy Metallica vibe, the vocalist doesn't sound like James but his delivery during some of the songs really does. The music is heavy and I think the trash element is worthy of another listen.