The what's going on in Thrash thread

Yeah I’m with you guys about the vocals,is it me or is the fact that all these second wave of thrash bands have that same vocal style?Talk about ear fatigue lol!

I think Havok is one of those bands that has potential but hasn't quite found it yet. I'm not sure if they are trying to hard to be like the old school thrash bands or if it's something else. They've had some really good songs but they've had some real middle of the roads stuff too.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Yeah I’m with you guys about the vocals,is it me or is the fact that all these second wave of thrash bands have that same vocal style?Talk about ear fatigue lol!
Yeah I think you're right. There are a lot of them, and some Araya's. a couple Osegueda's, even. But I haven't heard a Chuck Billy except in a little death metal and even then it's only vaguely like him.
I wonder if the Zetro sound is just easier to mimic?

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Yeah I think you're right. There are a lot of them, and some Araya's. a couple Osegueda's, even. But I haven't heard a Chuck Billy except in a little death metal and even then it's only vaguely like him.
I wonder if the Zetro sound is just easier to mimic?

I don't think I could do it, but then I can't do a Chuck either. I also think it has a lot to do with these newer bands want to sound 'old school' and they seem to either want to be Bay Area old school if they are American or German old school if they are European, because there is quite a few Euro bands sounding like Sodom, Kreator and Destruction.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Yeah they are one of the bands I need that thread for. I like them but I keep forgetting about them. Killer solos in that song.

Warbringer aren't a new band or a come back band though so which thread do you want to put them in :p

Reactions: Neptune