The what's going on in Thrash thread

87286328_2917669261625512_2235661422530920448_n.jpg

Reactions: redfly
Anthrax just posted on FB that it's four years today since Kings was released. No mention of something new except by everyone who commented on the post.

Reactions: Slammed
Those stories always bring out the insane line ups. It's done. Get over it. After hearing the guy from Exhorder I'm surprised Dime and Vinnie didn't grab him after Pantera broke up.

I even take the "Vinnie wanted to reform" comments with a grain of salt. He probably did say something, most of us do reminisce about the good times, but whether it was a serious idea or just talking about good times who's to say.

They should feel very slack!!!

Yeah, I know they've been doing gigs and quite a few of them but it's very slack considering how long they've been talking about writing it. It's also a long time since FB has anything substantial from them. There has been some new like Pohsen's album and up coming shows etc but their last real 'anthrax' message was a week or two before Christmas saying they were doing their last gig for 2019. There has been no real updates, studio news, even news about being together. It's very slack. The die hard fans must really be getting annoyed with such a lack of information.

It's still better than Monkey Finger :)
I do agree. There is no power to the song, no real thrash breaks, nothing really ballsy to offer. I didn't read the lyrics but I assume they aren't much better than the rest of them they wrote during the same recording sessions.

I'm not sure anything can ever be worse than Monkey Finger. I mean you'd really have to fuck up bigtime for that to happen.

Yes. the song is lacking real heart. It just kinda cruises at the same level all the way through. And I'm sorry, the drums passable, so is the bass. But those guitars fucking suck.

Reactions: Slammed
Monkey Finger should be Kurdt's funeral song :)

Yeah the guitars let them down on the new album. Even Jeff Waters hasn't let the guitars kill his band like Kurdt has. Kurdt would be better off making pop music, where as you can still heard something metallic in Annihilator.