The what's going on in Thrash thread

Yeah unless Dave has got something really big planned then I tend to agree. I certainly wouldn't be turning up for the support acts if they were Trivium and In Flames.

How is it that we after time off, the big effort behind "Warheads", cancer, treatment, and a European tour we still have Mustaine and Co talking up an album in a few months and Anthrax haven't even given us a sniff of something. I'm starting to wonder if Anthrax even want to be a band these days.
Lol yeah no way would I go to a show where half the line up is shit. Unless I got fee tickets and showed up late!

Ugh Anthrax. Idk what the hell is going on with them. The album better be absolutely killer.

Reactions: Slammed

I saw that this morning and I'm not really sure how I feel about it. It seems like Vinnie and Kyle have always had their issues and that's what split the band up in the first place. As many bands get older and learnt to live with each other it appears some still can't. I'm not convinced they can't go on without Vinnie, especially given that Exhorder today are different to Exhorder back in the day. Who knows maybe they can write something good or better without one person being the main writer. Or they just fade back into obscurity like they did before.

Reactions: redfly
Lol yeah no way would I go to a show where half the line up is shit. Unless I got fee tickets and showed up late!

Ugh Anthrax. Idk what the hell is going on with them. The album better be absolutely killer.

I suppose if I am being fair I don't actually know anything by Trivium and In Flames, but I'm not about to find out if I do like them either.

There isn't even news about the album and they have not played a gig since December iirc. Seems they've all be doing different things outside Anthrax but you'd reckon some time in the last 4 years (or however long it has been) they'd have found some time to record this killer music they once spoke about. Maybe it's stage fright, Kings did pretty well for them and they are afraid to try and follow it up.

I saw that this morning and I'm not really sure how I feel about it. It seems like Vinnie and Kyle have always had their issues and that's what split the band up in the first place. As many bands get older and learnt to live with each other it appears some still can't. I'm not convinced they can't go on without Vinnie, especially given that Exhorder today are different to Exhorder back in the day. Who knows maybe they can write something good or better without one person being the main writer. Or they just fade back into obscurity like they did before.
With the new one being the first album of theirs for me. I'm not really sure why this guy is so irreplaceable. Especially when you say it doesn't really sound like old Exhorder. The new album is really good but it's not like blow you away good. And with Marzi in the band it's not so far off from Pantera (not trying to get into the whole who started the sound thing lol) I'm not so worried about who is writing. The singers got a cool voice I feel like it would sound cool with anyone. They do say they are going fulfill their touring and recording for 2020. So it sounds like they have something more to come out.

I suppose if I am being fair I don't actually know anything by Trivium and In Flames, but I'm not about to find out if I do like them either.

There isn't even news about the album and they have not played a gig since December iirc. Seems they've all be doing different things outside Anthrax but you'd reckon some time in the last 4 years (or however long it has been) they'd have found some time to record this killer music they once spoke about. Maybe it's stage fright, Kings did pretty well for them and they are afraid to try and follow it up.
Don't bother. I thought Trivium might be ok for 2 minutes. But both those bands are in bandwagon territory. They have nothing to offer.

We probably could have had two more albums from Franky and Jr in this time lol. Charlie is just enjoying his time with the Butcher Babies chick too much lol.

With the new one being the first album of theirs for me. I'm not really sure why this guy is so irreplaceable. Especially when you say it doesn't really sound like old Exhorder. The new album is really good but it's not like blow you away good. And with Marzi in the band it's not so far off from Pantera (not trying to get into the whole who started the sound thing lol) I'm not so worried about who is writing. The singers got a cool voice I feel like it would sound cool with anyone. They do say they are going fulfill their touring and recording for 2020. So it sounds like they have something more to come out.

Also one should take into account that they only have three albums in total and 27 years where they were not a band. It's not like Metallica or Megadeth where the song writing team (good or bad) has been a strong formula for a long time. I much prefer they replace a guitarist than a vocalist because I think they can find the groove of a guitarist but finding those vocals would be hard.

The comments seem to take that fulfilling comment as Vinnie staying to fulfil the contract, but I took it as they are still going to have to find another guitarist to fulfil the contract. Either way I hope they can do something else just to see where it goes.

On the note of who started the sound there is a comment that Exhorder ripped off some band called Tampora. I have no idea who that is or that there was another band in the argument of who started it.

Don't bother. I thought Trivium might be ok for 2 minutes. But both those bands are in bandwagon territory. They have nothing to offer.

We probably could have had two more albums from Franky and Jr in this time lol. Charlie is just enjoying his time with the Butcher Babies chick too much lol.

In another part of the forum they ranked Triviums albums and there was mixed comments from really shit to really good to the best band to walk the planet but I think I listened to one song, saw their back catalogue and thought, nah fuck that.

I'd be up for another Frankie and Jnr album. According to the Blabber article the other day Charile's a wife beater so maybe he's busy with more than just photo ops (because I believe every comment on Blabber)

Also one should take into account that they only have three albums in total and 27 years where they were not a band. It's not like Metallica or Megadeth where the song writing team (good or bad) has been a strong formula for a long time. I much prefer they replace a guitarist than a vocalist because I think they can find the groove of a guitarist but finding those vocals would be hard.

The comments seem to take that fulfilling comment as Vinnie staying to fulfil the contract, but I took it as they are still going to have to find another guitarist to fulfil the contract. Either way I hope they can do something else just to see where it goes.

On the note of who started the sound there is a comment that Exhorder ripped off some band called Tampora. I have no idea who that is or that there was another band in the argument of who started it.
Yeah totally agree, 3 albums in 27 years doesn't make them locked into a certain player from my standpoint. And yes, I think the vocals are the main thing here. Hope they can find a good guitarist. Hey if Bobby G doesn't stay with Vio-lence he could join them!

I took it like you did. It doesn't sound like Vinnie staying to fulfill anything. They'll need someone.

I took that Tampora comment as someone messing with the Pantera name, something about that is familiar. But I could be wrong.

In another part of the forum they ranked Triviums albums and there was mixed comments from really shit to really good to the best band to walk the planet but I think I listened to one song, saw their back catalogue and thought, nah fuck that.

I'd be up for another Frankie and Jnr album. According to the Blabber article the other day Charile's a wife beater so maybe he's busy with more than just photo ops (because I believe every comment on Blabber)
Just a band that's just kinda like there's really no point in following them.

:lol: Blabber is all reason and truth!

Yeah totally agree, 3 albums in 27 years doesn't make them locked into a certain player from my standpoint. And yes, I think the vocals are the main thing here. Hope they can find a good guitarist. Hey if Bobby G doesn't stay with Vio-lence he could join them!

I took it like you did. It doesn't sound like Vinnie staying to fulfill anything. They'll need someone.

I took that Tampora comment as someone messing with the Pantera name, something about that is familiar. But I could be wrong.

I wonder how many thrash/groove players are out there with nothing to do. It appears then genre is getting a number of newer bands these days but I'm not sure how good any of them.

I'm glad you read it that way because now I can say...stupid Balbber commentors :)

Oh it looks like they are a band, possibly a cover band or something https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Musician-Band/TamporA-281629351858039/

Just a band that's just kinda like there's really no point in following them.

:lol: Blabber is all reason and truth!

Well I'm certainly not getting into a band with such a back catalogue without them being excellent

Oh yeah and from now on I'm going to classify every band with a letter and the word league because I want to fit in!

I wonder how many thrash/groove players are out there with nothing to do. It appears then genre is getting a number of newer bands these days but I'm not sure how good any of them.

I'm glad you read it that way because now I can say...stupid Balbber commentors :)

Oh it looks like they are a band, possibly a cover band or something https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Musician-Band/TamporA-281629351858039/
It's so hard to keep track of everyone.

Lol, you can always say that.

Oh no kidding, that's funny!

One of the biggest problems with keeping up is that you see a band mentioned once, you give them a listen, then unless you actually bookmark them or take notes you forget about them because no one keeps news of them up to date.

There wasn't much information on them but from the few videos Google popped up it appeared they only did Pantera.

Wow, I woke up today to three FB message telling me bands were cancelling gigs in Italy because of Coronavirus....aint FB wonderful, at least now I know not to book those tickets to Testament, Exodus or Atrophy in Italy next month.

One of the biggest problems with keeping up is that you see a band mentioned once, you give them a listen, then unless you actually bookmark them or take notes you forget about them because no one keeps news of them up to date.

There wasn't much information on them but from the few videos Google popped up it appeared they only did Pantera.
Too true. I've lost track of more than a few bands because of that.

Wow, I woke up today to three FB message telling me bands were cancelling gigs in Italy because of Coronavirus....aint FB wonderful, at least now I know not to book those tickets to Testament, Exodus or Atrophy in Italy next month.
I just saw that. Stupid question in this day but has that crap made it to Australia?

Too true. I've lost track of more than a few bands because of that.

I don't know if its the same in UK and other parts of Europe but one of the hardest things here is keep track of local bands. Some have FB or bandcamp but if you don't snag them when you first see them it's easy to forget because the news sites here are so fucking slow. Metal Injection always seems well behind Blabber with news, but I was looking at a local news site yesterday and the front page still had news from September last year on the leading page.

I just saw that. Stupid question in this day but has that crap made it to Australia?

Oh yeah, it got here within days but it was only one or too cases. Not sure if anyone here has died but the numbers who have the disease now I'm pretty sure are up in the 40's. We just shipped more than 200 people home from that cruise ship in Japan. Stupid fucking government sat on their arse for days and days then when the US said they were getting their people off the ship our dickhead government copied. They had about 5 days before the quarantine was due to expire but brought them home anyway. Then they get them home and something like 19 people test positive to it in Australian quarantine. Those people then get shipped to the biggest hospital in their home state. It's fucking ridiculous.