The what's going on in Thrash thread

So, the other guys are off doing other stuff? That's one of the reasons it takes so long? I would think Testament is big enough for the band to be the priority.

I figure Gene's always off doing something the guy doesn't stop, but he's a schedule type of person, schedule in a time for writing, rehearsing whatever and he'll do his best to be there. I can't imagine Chuck not being there when asked, unless there is a weed party in the neighbourhood and even then that's only a short delay. Maybe it's Alex, he's always busy with other projects and MA seems to take up quiet a bit of time these days, but so does all the other things he does. I can't imagine him not being at least 95% into Testament but it's hard to see the other guys putting in any less as well.

Reactions: redfly
I figure Gene's always off doing something the guy doesn't stop, but he's a schedule type of person, schedule in a time for writing, rehearsing whatever and he'll do his best to be there. I can't imagine Chuck not being there when asked, unless there is a weed party in the neighbourhood and even then that's only a short delay. Maybe it's Alex, he's always busy with other projects and MA seems to take up quiet a bit of time these days, but so does all the other things he does. I can't imagine him not being at least 95% into Testament but it's hard to see the other guys putting in any less as well.
Idk, he said when they're ready to do stuff all the other guys are busy with their projects. I can't imagine these things are more important than Testament. They are all side stuff. They really need to make plans ahead of time and say. Ok you have this much time to do whatever. At so and so a time we will get together to write.
And Gene did help write so I'm not sure he's really included in the" other guys"

Reactions: Slammed
Idk, he said when they're ready to do stuff all the other guys are busy with their projects. I can't imagine these things are more important than Testament. They are all side stuff. They really need to make plans ahead of time and say. Ok you have this much time to do whatever. At so and so a time we will get together to write.
And Gene did help write so I'm not sure he's really included in the" other guys"

I would have thought it was all scheduled. I can't imagine this sort of thing doesn't happen without a plan. I know it would drive me bat shit to do it without a plan. I believe I remember reading that Gene's efforts were all in the studio, and writing and stuff done before did not include him. I think that's what I read.

So the bottom line is that everyone has something to do off season and Eric was having a whinge :)

Lol. I love in that interview with Chuck when he talks about Eric. He always wants to do the whole or at least half the new records. Eric fucking rules lol. I hope he gets his way! It would awesome if they did a new album in it's entirety at least once on a new tour an filmed it.

Testament really does seem to be Alex's way most of the time. I guess it's not but it definitely seems like it with some of the things said over the years.

If a band headlines a show I don't see any reason not to do an entire album at least once. As headliners they could do most albums with a greatest hits collection as the finale.

Testament really does seem to be Alex's way most of the time. I guess it's not but it definitely seems like it with some of the things said over the years.

If a band headlines a show I don't see any reason not to do an entire album at least once. As headliners they could do most albums with a greatest hits collection as the finale.
I sometimes wonder what really keeps him in the band.

Yeah I think they could definitely do it. And they need to add something special to the shows. The Pageantry!

Yeah...I did. And I'm tempted because I'm a whore when it comes to autographs and jewel cases lol. But like someone said on Blabber Damned If You Do wasn't so great. How good can the songs that didn't make it be?!

One thing I'll say is they have a pretty damn good record company. I wish Flotsam's and Testaments labels put this much effort into their releases. Check out all the stuff.

https://ratpakrecordsamerica.com/metal-church

I sometimes wonder what really keeps him in the band.

Yeah I think they could definitely do it. And they need to add something special to the shows. The Pageantry!

Given that Exodus and Testament are so close I reckon they should do a similar thing to the Bay Area Strikes Back Tour but just make it the two bands, both get 90 minutes each and they both do a complete album with a greatest hits. Screw support acts, just those to, co headlining and film the shows for a DVD. I reckon they would sell shitloads more of them than just a generic concert video

Damnit I hate when bands do this. Unless they add to the next album. I'll check it out tonight.

It's not a bad song from when the recorded the latest album. I certainly wouldn't buy it as a 7inch but I'll watch it on YT

I have a feeling I'll be too zonked out and half dead by the time night gets here to listen to anything. It's not lunch time yet and I'm cleaning up outside after the two torrential rain storms we had. What I thought was going to be a simple job putting some timber edges back along the garden has turned into a massive job or repair which the storm really only highlighted, not caused. Guess 15 years ago when I put the timber in there I should have done a better job :)

Yeah...I did. And I'm tempted because I'm a whore when it comes to autographs and jewel cases lol. But like someone said on Blabber Damned If You Do wasn't so great. How good can the songs that didn't make it be?!

One thing I'll say is they have a pretty damn good record company. I wish Flotsam's and Testaments labels put this much effort into their releases. Check out all the stuff.

https://ratpakrecordsamerica.com/metal-church

I certainly couldn't order it after Damned. If they showed more potential from the last few albums maybe but I'm giving up on MC until they do something with balls.

I want to live in the past, back when MC did Badlands :)

Given that Exodus and Testament are so close I reckon they should do a similar thing to the Bay Area Strikes Back Tour but just make it the two bands, both get 90 minutes each and they both do a complete album with a greatest hits. Screw support acts, just those to, co headlining and film the shows for a DVD. I reckon they would sell shitloads more of them than just a generic concert video
Man absolutely! I think that would be the way to go! They both really need a long set. And I would love a disc of it.