The what's going on in Thrash thread

I certainly couldn't order it after Damned. If they showed more potential from the last few albums maybe but I'm giving up on MC until they do something with balls.

I want to live in the past, back when MC did Badlands :)
Yeah it's kind of going to bother me to not get it. But not because I'm missing out on music. Just missing out on the package and that's not a really good reason lol.

Yeah me too. The band was on fire for three albums with Howe. They didn't pick up where they left off. The picked up in low gear. Not having a real thrash line up in the band doesn't help. And neither does Kurdt thinking he knows everything.

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah it's kind of going to bother me to not get it. But not because I'm missing out on music. Just missing out on the package and that's not a really good reason lol.

Yeah me too. The band was on fire for three albums with Howe. They didn't pick up where they left off. The picked up in low gear. Not having a real thrash line up in the band doesn't help. And neither does Kurdt thinking he knows everything.

If MC hadn't pissed me off so much with Damned I'd be in for buying something but I can't forgive them for that album and their attitude to it.

Yeah I see a lot of similarities between MC and Annihilator. Both could be so much better but are holding themselves back.

Reactions: redfly
If MC hadn't pissed me off so much with Damned I'd be in for buying something but I can't forgive them for that album and their attitude to it.

Yeah I see a lot of similarities between MC and Annihilator. Both could be so much better but are holding themselves back.
Yeah same here. That last album blew their credit with me. I'm not getting anything until I hear it.
Sucks when one ego takes a whole band down.

I can't believe the label doesn't put something like that together. It was left up to Chuck and the others to put even this together.

Labels appear to be too busy putting headline worthy acts on shit bills, or putting shit bands with good bands to get exposure

Yeah same here. That last album blew their credit with me. I'm not getting anything until I hear it.
Sucks when one ego takes a whole band down.

At least with Annihilator I do see some potential if Jeff pulls his finger out and lets someone else sing because he does have the ability to write something decent...or at least he's nearly there given the songs on the latest album. I don't see Metal Church doing the same while Kudrt seems to have more interest in anything but thrash.

Another classic band, although their 2005 comeback was pretty lacklustre and heir 2015 EP was just nowhere near close to old NA

At least with Annihilator I do see some potential if Jeff pulls his finger out and lets someone else sing because he does have the ability to write something decent...or at least he's nearly there given the songs on the latest album. I don't see Metal Church doing the same while Kudrt seems to have more interest in anything but thrash.
Yeah I agree Annihilator has a much shorter distance to cross to be firing on all 4's. Really just vocals and lyrics. Howes voice is fine but the writing, the production and the musicianship are all severely lacking. Not to mention the energy level of the other guys (except maybe the bass player) is at full boredom (especially Kurdt). And the song Monkey Finger is just a fail all around!
Kurdt is the biggest problem though since he's writing and producing.

Yeah I agree Annihilator has a much shorter distance to cross to be firing on all 4's. Really just vocals and lyrics. Howes voice is fine but the writing, the production and the musicianship are all severely lacking. Not to mention the energy level of the other guys (except maybe the bass player) is at full boredom (especially Kurdt). And the song Monkey Finger is just a fail all around!
Kurdt is the biggest problem though since he's writing and producing.

I could excuse Jeff's not so great lyrics if the music was better. I don't know if Jeff has to save money by doing so much himself or if he chooses it that way, but he's still into metal so there is hope. Metal Church on the other hand don't seem to have a choice. It seems to be a case of what Kurdt says goes and it's obvious Kurdt's no longer into metal.

I didn't realise (or I don't remember reading) that Randy Rampage, singer on Alice In Hell, died in 2018. I suppose that's one reason why Jeff hasn't hired him for the latest album.

Oh yeah, and Monkey Finger sucks

I didn't know they had an EP in 2015. I thought Danny retired form Music.

After Danny announced his retirement he announced that NA were back in the stuido. It was suppose to be an album in 2014 but by 2015 it turned into the 4 track EP Pounder. Some say it was a salute to old school with four great songs written by Dan and Jon, but I just didn't feel it. I wouldn't go as far as saying I hated it but it just didn't feel like NA of old to me. Apparently NA still do play live, but I don't know how often.

Hmmm. Maybe I am unfairly remembering this EP. Giving it a listen here and it does sound very old school NA

After Danny announced his retirement he announced that NA were back in the stuido. It was suppose to be an album in 2014 but by 2015 it turned into the 4 track EP Pounder. Some say it was a salute to old school with four great songs written by Dan and Jon, but I just didn't feel it. I wouldn't go as far as saying I hated it but it just didn't feel like NA of old to me. Apparently NA still do play live, but I don't know how often.

Hmmm. Maybe I am unfairly remembering this EP. Giving it a listen here and it does sound very old school NA

Cool :headbang: I'll check this in a bit, thanks!

He did? No I don't remember that either. Wtf.

I'm down for putting that in top five worst ( metal? lol) songs ever. That's a thread we need. Worst metal songs.

Heart attack at 58 apparently.

Worst metal song could be a long and exhausting thread :)

Cool :headbang: I'll check this in a bit, thanks!

Third song is a bit shitty, maybe that's what I remember. But it's no worse than songs like Mother's Day on Handle With Care
Died In Your Arms which I believe is written by John alone starts out weird too.

Posted on Megadeth FB page a few minutes ago

We wanted to thank the bands we played with, our amazing hardworking crew who help us put on the best show possible night after night, the venues, security, & our die hard fans who traveled far and wide to see us play. It means the world to us! An extra special thank you to Cullen and Ellie at adidas for setting us up with these amazing jackets! Kept us warm in these beautiful frozen European cities.

We are heading home for a brief break, record album 16 and then preparing for our summer tour with Lamb of God, Trivium and In Flames. Get your tickets now, you don’t want to miss what we have planned for you! metaltouroftheyear.com
The good news of that (I hope) is that they are recording after a brief break. Who knows what stage that album is at right now but lets hope they can get it out before the summer tour.

Great news! I hope it's a short break!
I hate to break it to them but a line up with Trivium and In Flames can't be metal tour of the year. That's taken by Testament , Exodus and Death Angel.

Great news! I hope it's a short break!
I hate to break it to them but a line up with Trivium and In Flames can't be metal tour of the year. That's taken by Testament , Exodus and Death Angel.

Yeah unless Dave has got something really big planned then I tend to agree. I certainly wouldn't be turning up for the support acts if they were Trivium and In Flames.

How is it that we after time off, the big effort behind "Warheads", cancer, treatment, and a European tour we still have Mustaine and Co talking up an album in a few months and Anthrax haven't even given us a sniff of something. I'm starting to wonder if Anthrax even want to be a band these days.