The what's going on in Thrash thread

I don't know if its the same in UK and other parts of Europe but one of the hardest things here is keep track of local bands. Some have FB or bandcamp but if you don't snag them when you first see them it's easy to forget because the news sites here are so fucking slow. Metal Injection always seems well behind Blabber with news, but I was looking at a local news site yesterday and the front page still had news from September last year on the leading page.
Sadly I imagine it's the same everywhere.

Reactions: Slammed
Oh yeah, it got here within days but it was only one or too cases. Not sure if anyone here has died but the numbers who have the disease now I'm pretty sure are up in the 40's. We just shipped more than 200 people home from that cruise ship in Japan. Stupid fucking government sat on their arse for days and days then when the US said they were getting their people off the ship our dickhead government copied. They had about 5 days before the quarantine was due to expire but brought them home anyway. Then they get them home and something like 19 people test positive to it in Australian quarantine. Those people then get shipped to the biggest hospital in their home state. It's fucking ridiculous.
Omg. It is fucking ridiculous! I saw that are government did that and I couldn't believe it. WTF!

Sadly I imagine it's the same everywhere.

Yeah I suppose it is. It's not like Blabber ever lists any new bands or what they are doing. Metal Injection sometimes has an "undiscovered bands of <region>" special but it never follows up with the bands unless they do something big. Bravewords has a few lesser known bands but they still have very few unsigned bands.

I see it as a failure of street press (I suppose you call the free rags with local news in them street press?). We used to have about 10 different street press rags on the street every week for free in Melbourne. I used to do design work for one of them back in the early 90's, it never proclaimed to be more than street press and local news but we got rid of 20,000 printed copies a week because people wanted to know what was going on locally. It would have been so easy to move that same format to the web, I even tried to at one stage, but because websites cost money, hosting cost money, everything cost money the editors all decided it was better to stay in print than convince sponsors to pay for a web service. Such sites would never have rivalled Blabber etc for global news but for local news and local bands they could have, instead most of them just absolved into nothing.

Reactions: redfly
Omg. It is fucking ridiculous! I saw that are government did that and I couldn't believe it. WTF!

I couldn't make sense of such a move. I understand people were sick of being stuck on the ship and the governments probably thought it looked like they were supporting fellow country men by bringing them home but they had such a short time to go. When the batch from the ship got here and tested positive after going through all the tests before landing our government's response was "well maybe the world under estimated the quarantine time." Well yeah sure maybe they did, but who the fuck brought them home before the initial quarantine time even was up?

I wanna see the whole show. I have a dvd of them with Barker but the quality blows.

I wonder if the whole show was recorded. Seems like a small festival, although there was about 20 bands on two stages.

I wonder if the whole show was recorded. Seems like a small festival, although there was about 20 bands on two stages.

I'll answer myself.
It's only a highlights package of the event, not all of Testament, but I assume the whole show was recorded somewhere.
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Metalmania-2007/release/1541238

Actually this might be the full set. I thought it was a YT copy of the DVD but it shows Testament as being last band on. It is only a short set though.

Looks like Testament start at about 1:55 so I doubt it's all their set, not since they were headliners.

Yeah I suppose it is. It's not like Blabber ever lists any new bands or what they are doing. Metal Injection sometimes has an "undiscovered bands of <region>" special but it never follows up with the bands unless they do something big. Bravewords has a few lesser known bands but they still have very few unsigned bands.

I see it as a failure of street press (I suppose you call the free rags with local news in them street press?). We used to have about 10 different street press rags on the street every week for free in Melbourne. I used to do design work for one of them back in the early 90's, it never proclaimed to be more than street press and local news but we got rid of 20,000 printed copies a week because people wanted to know what was going on locally. It would have been so easy to move that same format to the web, I even tried to at one stage, but because websites cost money, hosting cost money, everything cost money the editors all decided it was better to stay in print than convince sponsors to pay for a web service. Such sites would never have rivalled Blabber etc for global news but for local news and local bands they could have, instead most of them just absolved into nothing.
I think in my last town we had two of those papers. You could only get them at convenience stores or pizza shops. I think they were free. One of them at least (The Hartford Advocate) had some cool stuff and a lot of local band stuff. It served a few towns and cities. No idea what this town has.

I think in my last town we had two of those papers. You could only get them at convenience stores or pizza shops. I think they were free. One of them at least (The Hartford Advocate) had some cool stuff and a lot of local band stuff. It served a few towns and cities. No idea what this town has.

Our street press turned up in pretty much every music shop in the city and quiet a few in the suburbs but it was heavily reliant on people delivering them to the shops. I don't know how many of them are left in Melbourne now, I know of three or four which I still pick up occasionally when I go down there but they still don't have much of an online presence.

I couldn't make sense of such a move. I understand people were sick of being stuck on the ship and the governments probably thought it looked like they were supporting fellow country men by bringing them home but they had such a short time to go. When the batch from the ship got here and tested positive after going through all the tests before landing our government's response was "well maybe the world under estimated the quarantine time." Well yeah sure maybe they did, but who the fuck brought them home before the initial quarantine time even was up?
Government at it's dumbest. In these situations you can't screw around, it's better safe than sorry.

I'll answer myself.
It's only a highlights package of the event, not all of Testament, but I assume the whole show was recorded somewhere.
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Metalmania-2007/release/1541238

Actually this might be the full set. I thought it was a YT copy of the DVD but it shows Testament as being last band on. It is only a short set though.

Looks like Testament start at about 1:55 so I doubt it's all their set, not since they were headliners.

Sweet thanks! I'll check this out tonight while I'm collecting on Mortal Kambat 11. :kickass::)

Government at it's dumbest. In these situations you can't screw around, it's better safe than sorry.

Apparently we moved the infected out of quarantine, a small fenced in community that sometimes gets used for asylum seekers when they arrive in large groups, to a hospital in each infected persons home state because....and I love this excuse...the state hospitals are better at handling virus outbreaks. So if this country every gets invaded by a bunch of asylum seekers all with an infectious disease we are fucked because quarantine apparently can't handle it!

Sweet thanks! I'll check this out tonight while I'm collecting on Mortal Kambat 11. :kickass::)

Collecting what?

It appears both the DVD and the YT video are the same. The quality isn't bad, definitely a lot worse from 2007, but it's definitely not the whole show for a headline act.

Apparently we moved the infected out of quarantine, a small fenced in community that sometimes gets used for asylum seekers when they arrive in large groups, to a hospital in each infected persons home state because....and I love this excuse...the state hospitals are better at handling virus outbreaks. So if this country every gets invaded by a bunch of asylum seekers all with an infectious disease we are fucked because quarantine apparently can't handle it!
Holy fuck. You need to get rights to that horror movie right now!

Collecting what?

It appears both the DVD and the YT video are the same. The quality isn't bad, definitely a lot worse from 2007, but it's definitely not the whole show for a headline act.
Severed Heads! (for a spike wall)
LOL I really thought that was in there. but hey! It Built suspense right?!...right? :erk::)