The what's going on in Thrash thread

Okay, I just found a good reason to buy every version of Chris Poland's album and that's because it's not this!

$22 a ticket? Geez it shows how much we get ripped off by promoters in this country.

On current rates that's $33 aud, just under $40 with booking fee.
That venue has a capacity of 320-350 standing, 220 seated.
About $12K for a sell out crowd.

In this country a 550 capacity venue would be a minimum of $80 ($85 inc booking) but probably higher
$46K for a sell out crowd.
Even taking into account the bands travelling expenses that a massive fucking slug we are paying for gigs, not hard to see why many bands wont tour here.

Reactions: redfly
Well that sucks!Why do things have to be so damn complicated these days?So I’m guessing like me you don’t get to see many shows much anymore. I understand having children and other priorities work etc.,But do we have to miss out just about entirely lol!

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
One of the biggest killers for me is location. I'm two hours (more with traffic) away from the city. My wife doesn't drive and therefore I'm also school pick up etc so weekday gigs are out of the question. While weekend gigs are possible unless I want to drive home on kangaroo infested roads at 2am it's an overnight stay which adds to the already high cost of tickets. I like my music and I like live music but spending upwards of $300 for one night just isn't worth it to me. There are a few acts I'd really consider hard, but chances are if they make it here I still will chose not to spend that kind of cash on a one off experience.

Well Jesus Christ that sums that up!More power to you man your a good dad and husband so that’s to be commended.Now I really understand why Your upgrading the system in your vehicle!

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
When I first bought the car it only came with a bog standard 6 stacker so I was going to build my own 'car computer' to put in it. 10 years later I can pay $100 for pretty much the same thing and it all comes in it's own box. Not sure I saved anything in 10 years of procrastinating but I know this job is going to be easier than building it all myself.

Reactions: Neptune
The upside would be they could be locked in a room away from anyone else, the downside would be that Blabber would still report on what they did. :)