The what's going on in Thrash thread

Not a bad live version of In Union We Stand
Jersey 2002 apparently.

Edit: Stupid FB video didn't want to work. But I just realised it's from the Wrecking Everything DVD

Here's the whole concert.

I have that dvd. It's fucking killer. The only thing that could have made it better is if Tim had left before it and they Ron on drums.

Reactions: Slammed
I have that dvd. It's fucking killer. The only thing that could have made it better is if Tim had left before it and they Ron on drums.

I have it too, I was watching it a few months back. I picked it up cheap when a local store was closing and I forgot I have it for about 2 years.

Reactions: redfly
I guess Joey has plenty of time on his hands. Didn't he do a pretty gig tour with Chief Bigway not that long ago?
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/a...launches-journey-tribute-band-journey-beyond/

I don't know if that was a tour or just a regular slot down at one of the places close to him, either way he found time to play a number of times per week from memory.

I really am starting to wonder if Anthrax want to be anything more than a nostalgia act. Their set lists are becoming boring, they are always playing second or third fiddle to other bands and they aren't even talking about a new album any more. I understand some bands want time off and they want a rest but I don't think Anthrax can really afford it, they might have once been part of the Big 4 but I don't think they have anywhere near the number of fans they used to. Of course I wouldn't say that in the Anthrax forum, those guys still think the sun shines out of Scott's arse.

Oops that was supposed to be (big) tour. I know it wasn't super wicked far from his home base. But I think it was a lot of dates.

Yeah kind of seems like they're happy to coast, or at least the people in charge are. Everyone else has had to find something else to do. Charlie is just with the Butcher Babe lol.
Guess it may not matter for them financially. They can play the same shows. I just want knew music because the last two were pretty damn good. There is such a thing as taking too much time and losing momentum.

Lol he's got a good fan club there :) Most of them seem Aussie. Hmm.Hmmmm. :p

Oops that was supposed to be (big) tour. I know it wasn't super wicked far from his home base. But I think it was a lot of dates.

I'm sure he was still pretty :)

The other thing I guess it could be is previous album fear. Kings was a pretty good seller for them and they did have something of a revival, it might be a bit scary trying to follow it up.

A few of them are Aussies and that is surprising to me Anthrax have only toured here three times, two festivals and one show in the 90's. They are not what you could call a band that has supported its local fans.

Personally I think the Wrecking Your Neck Live album blows it away!The only problem was that their wasn’t a companion DVD with it.Just like the very thing that pisses me off about Testament’s Live at The Fillmore as well as Exodus’s Another Lesson in Violence for that matter,oh sure there is some footage here and there on YT but not official that does the era any justice.

Seems like another sad and sorry week for metal releases.
I once remember being relatively excited about a Body Count release, but not any more.
Burning Witches, the all girl band that we talked about with the kids choir a few months back have their new album coming out this week according to Metal Archives, and that's about for the bands that even tweaked my interest a little bit. There does seem to be a few unknown thrash bands from Italy with releases this week though.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
ARGH Stupid Flucken Coronavirus. Shit that is suppose to be delivered from Australia on Fleabay is getting held up because of the slow ships between here and China. I'm waiting on a couple of meters for my batteries and the company promised they were local suppliers, yet tacking shows the item stuck in transit out of China. Fleabay are a bunch of pricks when it comes to dishonest traders. Makes me think I better order my car stereo sooner rather than later then I might still have a hope of getting it this month.

Reactions: Neptune
I'm sure he was still pretty :)

The other thing I guess it could be is previous album fear. Kings was a pretty good seller for them and they did have something of a revival, it might be a bit scary trying to follow it up.

A few of them are Aussies and that is surprising to me Anthrax have only toured here three times, two festivals and one show in the 90's. They are not what you could call a band that has supported its local fans.

Well, best to just put out some straight up thrash then!
Yeah that's why it surprised me. I remember you saying they had barely been there. I think there's more Aussies on that forum than we have total here lol.

Personally I think the Wrecking Your Neck Live album blows it away!The only problem was that their wasn’t a companion DVD with it.Just like the very thing that pisses me off about Testament’s Live at The Fillmore as well as Exodus’s Another Lesson in Violence for that matter,oh sure there is some footage here and there on YT but not official that does the era any justice.
What makes it so much better? I never picked that one up. I think because it didn't have a companion dvd lol.
I totally agree. Very few of our bands are getting their stuff treated the wat they should. All those you mentioned deserved full on treatments.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
ARGH Stupid Flucken Coronavirus. Shit that is suppose to be delivered from Australia on Fleabay is getting held up because of the slow ships between here and China. I'm waiting on a couple of meters for my batteries and the company promised they were local suppliers, yet tacking shows the item stuck in transit out of China. Fleabay are a bunch of pricks when it comes to dishonest traders. Makes me think I better order my car stereo sooner rather than later then I might still have a hope of getting it this month.
I've only made a few purchases on Ebay. I must have had good luck. I thought they were supposed to make sure that shit didn't happen. Are you going with 1% positive feedback sellers? :p

Well, best to just put out some straight up thrash then!
Yeah that's why it surprised me. I remember you saying they had barely been there. I think there's more Aussies on that forum than we have total here lol.

It wouldn't be hard to out number the aussies here :p I'm not sure of the age of those Anthrax fans either, to me they seem like they are mid 20's maybe as old as 30, which kind of puts them in the "festival Anthrax" crowds in this country. But I could be wrong.

I think Anthrax's popularity here peaked around POT. Being one of the early thrash bands and a major label player they got airplay here on the metal stations. They didn't tour here until POT, but we'd had Metallica, Megadeth, even Suicidal Tendencies turn up from the late 80's so Anthrax never enjoyed the huge sell out crowds of those early shows where people were hungry for the gigs. I also think they turned off quite a few people with SOWN, then they didn't come here for about 17 years, so it was hardly surprising they were forgotten.

What makes it so much better? I never picked that one up. I think because it didn't have a companion dvd lol.
I totally agree. Very few of our bands are getting their stuff treated the wat they should. All those you mentioned deserved full on treatments.

Sometimes I think live albums sound better because you can't see the cringe worthy things some people do on stage, or you don't see the mistakes, the silly looks, or a hundred other things. It's always harder to un-see something than it is un-hear it :)

I may still. :)

Honestly don't bother, find it on YT or something. It wasn't an official release, it was 20 years old and there is shit loads better out there. You are not missing anything not buying it and the band are not missing out either.