The what's going on in Thrash thread

I've only made a few purchases on Ebay. I must have had good luck. I thought they were supposed to make sure that shit didn't happen. Are you going with 1% positive feedback sellers? :p

I'm not sure what has happened in the last 6-12 months. Shit from China and other Asian countries, so basically anything electronic, is 8 weeks minimum postage on the site. I have no proof to back it up, but I think since our government started taxing purchases from overseas under $1000 (it used to be only pay tax if the item was over $1000) these drop shippers have organised themselves 'local addresses' to send from that way they don't have to pay the tax to the government. Technically they are suppose to pay tax like any other local business, but that tax is included in the sales, an import tax is a separate tax that goes straight to the government. However for my theory to be right it also means Ebay are in on the elaborate set up and I wouldn't dare claim a(nother) multi-national company is knowingly flouting our tax rules.

All I know right now is that the battery meters I ordered from Brisbane had a local post tracking ID, then last night I got a China shipping number and tracking showing the 'local' package on a ship from China. It's good that they kept me updated, but not good for my conspiracy theory of non-tax paying companies :) Strangely enough though Amazon US will send me the same car stereo I found on Ebay for about $80 more and their shipping date is 8-10 days and we aren't supposed to be able to order from Amazon US since Amazon AU opened up.

Of course the boat is moving slow too because if it moves slow the Coronavirus falls off it before it gets here :)

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
So it appears my ebay outburst was unwarranted. Two parcels arrived today, one was 10 days transit and the other 8, still sucky but better than nothing. However I do wonder now what the tracking number for the parcel on the boat from China is. The meters arrived with the local shipping number and with a local return address. But the tracking number on the package according to our information was cancelled due to no local stock and re-sent direct from China with a new tracking number that is still on it's way.

Typical though, the second package was a pair of sunglasses and now they have arrived we've got 4 days of overcast, clouds and rain :)

Reactions: redfly
It wouldn't be hard to out number the aussies here :p I'm not sure of the age of those Anthrax fans either, to me they seem like they are mid 20's maybe as old as 30, which kind of puts them in the "festival Anthrax" crowds in this country. But I could be wrong.

I think Anthrax's popularity here peaked around POT. Being one of the early thrash bands and a major label player they got airplay here on the metal stations. They didn't tour here until POT, but we'd had Metallica, Megadeth, even Suicidal Tendencies turn up from the late 80's so Anthrax never enjoyed the huge sell out crowds of those early shows where people were hungry for the gigs. I also think they turned off quite a few people with SOWN, then they didn't come here for about 17 years, so it was hardly surprising they were forgotten.
Haha! That's true.

I think Anthrax's popularity peaked with POT everywhere :)

Reactions: Slammed
Haha! That's true.

I think Anthrax's popularity peaked with POT everywhere :)

It probably did, but I do know that if they ever filmed another show for a DVD they wouldn't do it here because the crowds would just be too small and not active enough to make it look good.

I'm not sure what has happened in the last 6-12 months. Shit from China and other Asian countries, so basically anything electronic, is 8 weeks minimum postage on the site. I have no proof to back it up, but I think since our government started taxing purchases from overseas under $1000 (it used to be only pay tax if the item was over $1000) these drop shippers have organised themselves 'local addresses' to send from that way they don't have to pay the tax to the government. Technically they are suppose to pay tax like any other local business, but that tax is included in the sales, an import tax is a separate tax that goes straight to the government. However for my theory to be right it also means Ebay are in on the elaborate set up and I wouldn't dare claim a(nother) multi-national company is knowingly flouting our tax rules.

All I know right now is that the battery meters I ordered from Brisbane had a local post tracking ID, then last night I got a China shipping number and tracking showing the 'local' package on a ship from China. It's good that they kept me updated, but not good for my conspiracy theory of non-tax paying companies :) Strangely enough though Amazon US will send me the same car stereo I found on Ebay for about $80 more and their shipping date is 8-10 days and we aren't supposed to be able to order from Amazon US since Amazon AU opened up.

Of course the boat is moving slow too because if it moves slow the Coronavirus falls off it before it gets here :)
Shit man, you could blow the lid off their whole operation!

Saved by lame and fraudulent service? Their might be some kind of lesson in there but I'm sure what it might be :heh:

So it appears my ebay outburst was unwarranted. Two parcels arrived today, one was 10 days transit and the other 8, still sucky but better than nothing. However I do wonder now what the tracking number for the parcel on the boat from China is. The meters arrived with the local shipping number and with a local return address. But the tracking number on the package according to our information was cancelled due to no local stock and re-sent direct from China with a new tracking number that is still on it's way.

Typical though, the second package was a pair of sunglasses and now they have arrived we've got 4 days of overcast, clouds and rain :)
Crap I should have read this first lol.

Shit man, you could blow the lid off their whole operation!

Saved by lame and fraudulent service? Their might be some kind of lesson in there but I'm sure what it might be :heh:

Or I could have it all wrong and look like and idiot :) I'm pretty sure that since the likes of Amazon, Fleabay, Apple etc are smart enough to get around our tax laws they are probably smart enough to get around me :)

I'm not good with lessons, I didn't like school :)

Or I could have it all wrong and look like and idiot :) I'm pretty sure that since the likes of Amazon, Fleabay, Apple etc are smart enough to get around our tax laws they are probably smart enough to get around me :)

I'm not good with lessons, I didn't like school :)
Over confidence will be their downfall! (Exodus) :D