The what's going on in Thrash thread

Freddy is the only one that looks cool!

Not if he's in your dreams!
Strange coincidence, I watched that video late last night and this morning I read a Bentley Little short story, which I forgot I had, but was written as a part of an Elm Street Anthology and it was a retelling of Freddy chasing his own daughter.

Reactions: redfly
I remember looking at the job vacancy at MI 6 months ago and do kind of kick myself for not applying (ok realistically I probably wouldn't have got it but one can dream). A new writer couldn't change any site, especially MI, overnight, but given that the interviews are supplied, or they just rewrite news that is already on the wire, change could happen. Cutting out the shit talking and being hard on those commentors would make some difference, but the biggest change one could make is writing proper articles not just extended headlines. If there isn't half a page of words in a story, it's not a story so don't publish it.

Realistically if one could figure out how to get the interviews the rest of the job creating a decent site is not that difficult.
Yeah I hate clicking on a story that isn't much more than a headline. BW does that too. It's really lazy. At least Blabber transcribes some stuff. You're right the Blabber site itself is nothing big. But at least it looks modern and is easy to navigate and not cluttered. Which makes the other sites look even worse and unprofessional.
It would be so easy for these other sites to improve.

Reactions: Slammed
Not if he's in your dreams!
Strange coincidence, I watched that video late last night and this morning I read a Bentley Little short story, which I forgot I had, but was written as a part of an Elm Street Anthology and it was a retelling of Freddy chasing his own daughter.
Oh yeah? That sounds interesting. Didn't know he had one.

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah I hate clicking on a story that isn't much more than a headline. BW does that too. It's really lazy. At least Blabber transcribes some stuff. You're right the Blabber site itself is nothing big. But at least it looks modern and is easy to navigate and not cluttered. Which makes the other sites look even worse and unprofessional.
It would be so easy for these other sites to improve.

One thing I reckon BW does slightly better is that is they story is not really long enough they don't pad it out with shit that happened in 1983. They do pad the articles at times but not with as much shit. I reckon that's because they don't have the comments active any more and therefore aren't chasing the website hits/traffic.

BW and MI do definitely share an outdated look. Although I will give them some credit, they aren't as cluttered as some of the indie news sites. I've got a couple of Aussie sites I read occasionally that are painful to look at.

Oh yeah? That sounds interesting. Didn't know he had one.

I have the short story in e-book format. I don't know where the "Elm Street" Anthology was available and it doesn't appear to be purchasable on the usual sites.

There are anthologies for just about everything now. There have been anthologies on movies, books, themes from books, all sorts of topics. I've got horror ones where the theme was planes, another with music as the theme, one just general steampunk and I'm sure there are a few more. Sometimes it's a good way to find new authors.

Nah, some of the sequels may be based on such stories but not the originals.
I believe some of the 7 Hellraiser movies (after Clive got out at number 2), were written or based on short stories from fan fic/anthologies.
Children Of the Corn was the same from memory, there is bound to be others not in the horror genre as well.

I don't read a lot of it because some of it bloody terrible and you don't know which is which until you're too far into it. But if you can pick the right ones and it's based on something you liked the original of it can be good.

https://reverb.com/shop/official-kiko-loureiro

I don't know much about the second hard guitar market but these things seem a bit over priced. Kiko may be a good guitarist, and he did have a growing number of fans in Angra, but it's fair to say he's only such a well known name now because of Megadeth. I don't know if those prices reflect his ability or the band he's with, or in fact if they are a rip off. Either way he's sold a number of them already.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/m...te-zombie-members-second-album-due-this-year/

Reason 249753232423454 why Anthrax are not releasing anything new.

I see one comment on there praising Scott for having a 'cool side project' not a Journey cover band. To me the cover band sounds like something a guy does to fill in time. All the shit Scott's doing seems like jobs to keep him away from Anthrax.
I agree, Joey can't just sit around. And isn't this Scott's second side project?! He had an album from that other band too right?
I guess there's nothing anyone can do when Charlie is in charge of music.
Anthrax 84-95. 9 releases. Anthrax 2011 - 2020. 3 releases.

Reactions: Slammed and Neptune
I think he did a Damned Things album last year, he did Poshen's album for which I believe he was more than just playing on one song. So the guy's been doing all sorts, and I would say he was touring constantly with Anthrax either. They did several tours last year but they had plenty of time off too.
I see there is another festival in a few months with both Anthrax and Butcher Babies, so maybe Charlie is pulling the the strings and his having his string pulled by a girl.

Don't mention that time frame in the Anthrax forums, they think this time frame is normal.

I don't know whether BB is being honest or not but the one thing he rarely does is drag up shit like past fights. To me that's one of the most endearing things about the guy.

Has anyone heard or got Metal Church by Wayne? Its not something I've ever taken notice of but I saw a review on M-A and wondered if it was worth the 80% score it got.