The what's going on in Thrash thread

^ Just release the damn album :) This week is the day and we still aren't under complete lockdown (yet) so I'll possibly be able to go and get it if I decide the local shop is the right place.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/e...-still-waiting-for-his-covid-19-test-results/

Good to see Gary is feeling better, sucks that test results take so long because there is a chance after this time Gary is negative but the test returns positive.

Reactions: redfly
^ Just release the damn album :) This week is the day and we still aren't under complete lockdown (yet) so I'll possibly be able to go and get it if I decide the local shop is the right place.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/e...-still-waiting-for-his-covid-19-test-results/

Good to see Gary is feeling better, sucks that test results take so long because there is a chance after this time Gary is negative but the test returns positive.
I still don't know what's going on with mine. NB has never gotten back to me.

Yeah I'm glad they're feeling better!

Reactions: Slammed
I still don't know what's going on with mine. NB has never gotten back to me.

Yeah I'm glad they're feeling better!

I'm still not sure if I'll go and get my copy this week or not. I'm not hiding from the world and I will need to go to the shops, in fact I really need to go to the steel place and get some steel so I can build a security door to replace the one that's rusted out on the house, and while I don't think I'd be questioned if I was pulled over I'm not 100% sure if a cop would see a security door as an essential outing. That and the kids are home and I don't want to drag them out to have them sit in the car while I go into shops. Guess I'll make the decision on Friday.

Most of the doctors are suggesting 10-14 days recovery for the majority of suffers so I think Gary and Co, and Chuck and Co, are probably about normal. No updates on Will though.

The threat is there but as yet I don't think they have fined anyone. As of now it's no more than 2 people 6 feet apart unless it's family members of which the government is not game to put a limit on other than to say the family must live in the same house. I think it's $1600 for individuals and $10000 for any business caught breaching the rule.

I hope the lack of news from Will's camp is good news, but it's obviously impossible to tell.

Yeah apparently this state is the highest in the country. Unless someone is blatantly doing the wrong thing, like holding a party, or running a fitness sessions I honestly don't think we'll see too many fines. The cops have got enough shit on their plate without cruising around looking for more paperwork.

I like Gary's comment about seeing his grand kids. I know he's not in the 70's age bracket that our government is warning people about but some of our leaders have suggest grand parents and grand kids are a no mix zone.

I just listened to Exodus' Force Of Habit for the first time in I don't know how long. Don't worry I haven't got cabin fever and wont suddenly start trying to convince you it's a great album but....It's not quite as bad as I remember.

Sure it's got some average songs on it and the covers do not suit Exodus, even minus those songs it's not a classic thrash album, but it's listenable. Zetro's voice is better suited to something loud and aggressive, which FOH isn't, but there is some good riffing and drum work through out the album. It's still a hard like considering the rest of their catalogue but it's okay.

I just listened to Exodus' Force Of Habit for the first time in I don't know how long. Don't worry I haven't got cabin fever and wont suddenly start trying to convince you it's a great album but....It's not quite as bad as I remember.

Sure it's got some average songs on it and the covers do not suit Exodus, even minus those songs it's not a classic thrash album, but it's listenable. Zetro's voice is better suited to something loud and aggressive, which FOH isn't, but there is some good riffing and drum work through out the album. It's still a hard like considering the rest of their catalogue but it's okay.
I'll have to give it another shot. It's been long enough. :)

Oh in other thrash related news...
I was reading a thread of the Metal Archives forum today where someone was asking what are peoples top 25 thrash bands.
As you can guess there was many of the same names coming up, but one person had a rather unique one, they put Poison on their list :)

Exodus yesterday, Flotsam today, I might even get a chance to listen to some old Testament before the new one arrives.

Am listening to No Place at the moment. As much as they don't do a bad cover of Saturday Night it still doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the album. Not sure if it's because I know the original isn't a metal song or not but those first few notes just seem wrong for the rest of the album.

Oh in other thrash related news...
I was reading a thread of the Metal Archives forum today where someone was asking what are peoples top 25 thrash bands.
As you can guess there was many of the same names coming up, but one person had a rather unique one, they put Poison on their list :)
Oh man, they must have thought it said trash!