The what's going on in Thrash thread

Exodus yesterday, Flotsam today, I might even get a chance to listen to some old Testament before the new one arrives.

Am listening to No Place at the moment. As much as they don't do a bad cover of Saturday Night it still doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the album. Not sure if it's because I know the original isn't a metal song or not but those first few notes just seem wrong for the rest of the album.
Oh man I absolutely love that cover lol. The further from the original the better for me :). The one I don't like is the version that's on the remake of No Place. They took almost everything I loved out and made it more like the original, imo.
The original of No Place is one of my perfect 10 albums.

I think I'm going to listen to the two new Testament tracks for my birthday Wednesday. It's been long enough and the album is close enough to release. And I don't even know if my album is delayed or if it's going to get here for release date.

Reactions: Neptune
I just finished track 4 on Forse Of Habit. So far I haven't changed my mind. They really don't do mid tempo very well. The title track is absolutely awful and so is the cover Bitch. Fuel for the Fire sounds like it might be good.
I will say I really like this tuning much better than what they use now. All the solos now sound like a rubber band.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I keep waiting for a monster track.

Oh yeah and honestly this is the time to do it. If he's going to release one song and he wants to raise money then the song needs to be the biggest he's done. (as far as I'm concerned)

Reactions: redfly
I just finished track 4 on Forse Of Habit. So far I haven't changed my mind. They really don't do mid tempo very well. The title track is absolutely awful and so is the cover Bitch. Fuel for the Fire sounds like it might be good.
I will say I really like this tuning much better than what they use now. All the solos now sound like a rubber band.

It really does sound like the elements were there but they decided not to use them. I don't know if a different producer could have done better, but to me there is moments that could nearly have been true Exodus but they decided to go mid tempo and maybe not put in the full effort.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Reactions: redfly and Neptune
I failed :(

Note: there is a very small selection of music from the new album, but you can avoid it by using the volume control.

Oh you're so right. This would be the perfect time!

I kind of agree with the Blabber commentors (shock horror I know and I'll get therapy I promise) that Thom Hazaert isn't the guy to make that one big song though. The guy can sing some songs but he's not lifting Jnr's music to a level that Jnr needs.

It really does sound like the elements were there but they decided not to use them. I don't know if a different producer could have done better, but to me there is moments that could nearly have been true Exodus but they decided to go mid tempo and maybe not put in the full effort.
Yeah and also for me it sounds like the vocals are off. He's trying to do vocals with melody but he's still writing lyrics like they're for fast songs. So it sounds like he squishing in all the words and it kinda ruins the rhythm.

Reactions: Slammed
I kind of agree with the Blabber commentors (shock horror I know and I'll get therapy I promise) that Thom Hazaert isn't the guy to make that one big song though. The guy can sing some songs but he's not lifting Jnr's music to a level that Jnr needs.
Ah..yeah you're right. I don't hate Hazaert like some of these people. I actually think he does a good Mustaine. But yeah he's not going to elevate a song.
Bring back AK! :)

Yeah and also for me it sounds like the vocals are off. He's trying to do vocals with melody but he's still writing lyrics like they're for fast songs. So it sounds like he squishing in all the words and it kinda ruins the rhythm.

Yeah that's a good point, and add the covers to the mix and it's almost like he's tried to match the rest of the vocals to the covers and it just hasn't worked. I suppose we can forgive them for one not so great album and at least with the crappy artwork we can easily pick that album :)

Ah..yeah you're right. I don't hate Hazaert like some of these people. I actually think he does a good Mustaine. But yeah he's not going to elevate a song.
Bring back AK! :)

For sure. AK kills it on Hammer, it's the best song on the entire Sleeping Giants album.
Listening to F&J now actually.

Yeah that's a good point, and add the covers to the mix and it's almost like he's tried to match the rest of the vocals to the covers and it just hasn't worked. I suppose we can forgive them for one not so great album and at least with the crappy artwork we can easily pick that album :)
Oh for sure! It's really their only wrong turn. That's pretty good for as long as they've been around.
Oh the background vocals on Fuel For the Fire really brought the song down hard. I had hope for that song when it started. Exodus not doing gang vocals just ain't right!