The what's going on in Thrash thread

It all depends what they consider "amounting to something" actually is. They are still playing and making music, maybe they wont have world domination but maybe they also don't want it. Look at DDP, they may never make it in some peoples eyes but they haven't given up and will no doubt sell albums next time they make one with whoever turns up in the studio. Black Label Society is a band Zakk is happy never to have permanent members but is still making music. "Amounting to anything" is a vague term at best but it means something different to everyone.
That's true but DDP Has Chuck, a well known name. And Zetro, also a well known name. Zakk is just plain famous and so it doesn't really matter who is in the band. All those people have built in fan bases. But Hatriot? Kind of.

Reactions: Slammed
The thing is while the names could really go in any order I'm not surprised by the words that accompany the list. When Kiko quits and a new guy comes in the same words will be said about the new guy and Kiko's words will vary depending on how amicable the split is. I agree that Dave is a dick for doing the list but to me the words mean nothing it's the actual act of publicising a list in any order with descriptions.
It doesn't mean much to some of us. But think of how poor Chris Broderick feels lol. Dave was constantly praising him. And now he may as well have said Chris sucked, and Jeff. And Chris Poland! at least second. He helped define part of their sound and people still talk about him and his work with Megadeth. That list is really just a dick move.

That's true but DDP Has Chuck, a well known name. And Zetro, also a well known name. Zakk is just plain famous and so it doesn't really matter who is in the band. All those people have built in fan bases. But Hatriot? Kind of.

But what if they don't want to. What if making it to them is just playing regular gigs?

It's just one of those things, there is thousands of studio musicians out there who are happy to be exactly that. There are plenty of excellent musicians only teaching music. I'm not saying Hatroit don't want bigger but there can always be some merit found in not wanting to be as well. But I also wouldn't suggest just because they didn't make their move in the past it's not ever going to come back to them.

Reactions: redfly
It doesn't mean much to some of us. But think of how poor Chris Broderick feels lol. Dave was constantly praising him. And now he may as well have said Chris sucked, and Jeff. And Chris Poland! at least second. He helped define part of their sound and people still talk about him and his work with Megadeth. That list is really just a dick move.

I thought everyone who left Megadeth hated Dave as a rule :)
I know what your saying though, it would be a kick in the butt as would everything else Dave as reportedly said over the years, I would only hope that they were so used hearing it they don't get upset by it anymore. Dave's publicist should really be having a word to him about all his brain farts and how not every one of them needs to make Twitter. Then once they've worked that out they act like politicians and never go to an interview without a scripted list of questions the interviewer is allowed to ask so that Dave doesn't say anything silly.

But what if they don't want to. What if making it to them is just playing regular gigs?

It's just one of those things, there is thousands of studio musicians out there who are happy to be exactly that. There are plenty of excellent musicians only teaching music. I'm not saying Hatriot don't want bigger but there can always be some merit found in not wanting to be as well. But I also wouldn't suggest just because they didn't make their move in the past it's not ever going to come back to them.

No I get you, I just mean those other bands aren't exactly in the same boat as Hatriot. I wish them whatever success they want. I just know it's easier to stick around especially for a newish band if they keep themselves fresh in peoples minds and not wait too long. Look at all our old schoolers, they all pretty much did album after album when they were newer bands for like four cycles. Now I'm not saying that's why they did it. But it helps keep your name out there and a product to sell.

Is it that good? I still haven't had a chance to watch it. Wasn't sure if it was crappy fan shot or pro shot.
Holy fuckin god man. It is so good! There are a lot of bands out there.I don't think you'll find anyone better than Overkill they are just one of those bands that sounds even better live. Even the songs that aren't my favorite sound killer live. I'd love to see Metallica take them out man lol. Overkill's out there crackin skulls with barely any lights, no screens no robots no magic tricks. Just straight up we're here to demolish. And Bittner, as much as I'd like to complain cause he's a traitor:D is just fucking killing it!
It's fan shot I think...but they did a good job And it's a good crowd. I have like 15 minutes left:headbang:

No I get you, I just mean those other bands aren't exactly in the same boat as Hatriot. I wish them whatever success they want. I just know it's easier to stick around especially for a newish band if they keep themselves fresh in peoples minds and not wait too long. Look at all our old schoolers, they all pretty much did album after album when they were newer bands for like four cycles. Now I'm not saying that's why they did it. But it helps keep your name out there and a product to sell.

Weren't some of the band still in school after their last album? Maybe Daddy Zetro told then they need to go to university and get an education so they don't end up like him in a band going nowhere and not able to sell albums :)

Holy fuckin god man. It is so good! There are a lot of bands out there.I don't think you'll find anyone better than Overkill they are just one of those bands that sounds even better live. Even the songs that aren't my favorite sound killer live. I'd love to see Metallica take them out man lol. Overkill's out there crackin skulls with barely any lights, no screens no robots no magic tricks. Just straight up we're here to demolish. And Bittner, as much as I'd like to complain cause he's a traitor:D is just fucking killing it!
It's fan shot I think...but they did a good job And it's a good crowd. I have like 15 minutes left:headbang:

I agree, I've never seen them live, they've never toured here but I have Wrecking Your Neck Live and it is a great concert. The best DVD I have is Manowar The Day The Earth Shook, but Overkill probably comes in second.

I thought everyone who left Megadeth hated Dave as a rule :)
I know what your saying though, it would be a kick in the butt as would everything else Dave as reportedly said over the years, I would only hope that they were so used hearing it they don't get upset by it anymore. Dave's publicist should really be having a word to him about all his brain farts and how not every one of them needs to make Twitter. Then once they've worked that out they act like politicians and never go to an interview without a scripted list of questions the interviewer is allowed to ask so that Dave doesn't say anything silly.
Chris just seemed like a good dude who really put the effort in to nail all those other guitar players solo's. He gets shit, but he came in added excitement even though people forget now lol. But people were really excited he was there. And he did as he was told and was su
Weren't some of the band still in school after their last album? Maybe Daddy Zetro told then they need to go to university and get an education so they don't end up like him in a band going nowhere and not able to sell albums :)
Reply I'm not sure. I don't really know much about his sons. but hey Chuck said Eric Peterson has never had to have a real job lol. So it's possible!

Chris just seemed like a good dude who really put the effort in to nail all those other guitar players solo's. He gets shit, but he came in added excitement even though people forget now lol. But people were really excited he was there. And he did as he was told and was su

I have no idea what I was saying or how it got cut off lol

Wasn't Chris' problem the drugs? I know at the time the two Dave's had issues with drugs too but wasn't Chris told to clean up or get out? To me if drugs are involved no one knows the truth :)

Reply I'm not sure. I don't really know much about his sons. but hey Chuck said Eric Peterson has never had to have a real job lol. So it's possible!

I thought I remembered reading that at the time of Hatriot's second album the eldest kid was 16 but I could be wrong (and can't be bothered checking it out).