The what's going on in Thrash thread

I don't care about whatever issues there are! LOL Make it happen!

it wont come to Australia so I don't care :)

I really would have thought the way the gig was talked up by all involved that it would have been pro shot. Obviously pro shot wouldn't be out yet but there doesn't appear to cameras set up for it either.

Reactions: redfly
Relates to both threads in a way
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slayer-and-exodus-guitarist-gary-holt-why-i-hate-the-kardashians/

And this is why musicians should always do interviews through their agent! Mind you the look in the photo on the link says it all :)
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/me...mes-with-a-whole-bunch-of-different-problems/

I know a lot of people that wont be looking forward to this, but I always look forward to a new Slayer record.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ke...-that-slayer-could-release-new-album-in-2018/

it wont come to Australia so I don't care :)

I really would have thought the way the gig was talked up by all involved that it would have been pro shot. Obviously pro shot wouldn't be out yet but there doesn't appear to cameras set up for it either.
I thought the place would have been a least a little bigger too. I saw what may have been a pro camera in the crowd in one of the videos. But even it wasn't like pro pro if you know what I mean.

Reactions: Slammed
Relates to both threads in a way
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slayer-and-exodus-guitarist-gary-holt-why-i-hate-the-kardashians/

And this is why musicians should always do interviews through their agent! Mind you the look in the photo on the link says it all :)
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/me...mes-with-a-whole-bunch-of-different-problems/

I know a lot of people that wont be looking forward to this, but I always look forward to a new Slayer record.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ke...-that-slayer-could-release-new-album-in-2018/
I read that first one ,pretty damn funny. Think I'm gonna order some stuff off that site lol

I never pay any attention to crap like this. It can't lead to anything good lol. I've got my own shit to bitch about I don't need to hear theirs. But I checked it out. He can buy all the posters he wants and not make a scratch lol

I actually bought my first slayer album with Repentless, I wanted to hear what Holt would do. I never really got into Slayer mainly because I was really into guitar players. But I always took notice of Lombardo. And I respect Slayer for being Slayer. I liked Repentless. I just wanted heavy and I got it. So I'll be picking up the next one.

I thought the place would have been a least a little bigger too. I saw what may have been a pro camera in the crowd in one of the videos. But even it wasn't like pro pro if you know what I mean.

Yeah that surprises me. I can see the venue may not be the best for a pro shot set up that might make a DVD release or something but they had to know that it would be a sort after video, not recording it to sell it seems a bit silly.

I read that first one ,pretty damn funny. Think I'm gonna order some stuff off that site lol

The Kardashians will probably sue :)

I never pay any attention to crap like this. It can't lead to anything good lol. I've got my own shit to bitch about I don't need to hear theirs. But I checked it out. He can buy all the posters he wants and not make a scratch lol

I couldn't help but click on it, the pic of Kirk looked so sad, I thought he had real problems.
Then again it's not unlike the link below.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dave-mustaine-ranks-megadeth-guitarists-from-best-to-worst/
I see no need to hear about Kirk's "millionaire" problems an I see no real reason for Dave to rank his guitarists. Both are really just news items to keep themselves in the headlines.

I actually bought my first slayer album with Repentless, I wanted to hear what Holt would do. I never really got into Slayer mainly because I was really into guitar players. But I always took notice of Lombardo. And I respect Slayer for being Slayer. I liked Repentless. I just wanted heavy and I got it. So I'll be picking up the next one.

For me I've been into them since Reign In Blood and I don't even care that they've had a few albums hated by fans, I don't have to like every album to like the band. I may not like the new album but I look forward to hearing it and making up my own mind.

I was wondering if Zetro was gonna sing since he was there. This answers my question :)

I was hoping for a new album with Zetro on vocals but with his Exodus duties I think I remember reading they had replaced him, maybe not permanently but they were writing without him for the next album.

It would actually be pretty funny if they did. Just for the headlines lol....I better hurry up and get one of those shirts!

I was going to click on the article with Dave but I really think it's just going to piss me off lol He really shouldn't do things like that. Not classy Dave:rolleyes:
Especially when.. And I love Dave. But some of his licks he just uses to death.

I'm pretty sure that his son took over vocal duties. If you don't look I think you can hear Zetro. But that might just be me.

Atleast things aren't like they used to be with shirts. I remember 25 years ago getting told off by the cops for wearing the Overkill "Fuck You" shirt. The cops suggested to wear it home inside out. At the time I was a bit pissed off but now days I can see their point. I'm not offended by the words but that doesn't mean others aren't.

I read the names on the article with Dave but didn't read the rest of it. I don't really care how he ranks previous players but does anyone really think he's going to name any previous guy over the guy currently doing the job? Even if he thinks different he'd be stupid to say so.

Actually you are right Zetro Jr did take over and they've been writing with the hope of recording from memory.

Not quite related but I see John Bush wants to do some live shows singing his Anthrax years songs. I think White Noise was probably one of the best Anthrax albums but I'm not sure he's got enough hits from that time for a decent length show.

Atleast things aren't like they used to be with shirts. I remember 25 years ago getting told off by the cops for wearing the Overkill "Fuck You" shirt. The cops suggested to wear it home inside out. At the time I was a bit pissed off but now days I can see their point. I'm not offended by the words but that doesn't mean others aren't.

I read the names on the article with Dave but didn't read the rest of it. I don't really care how he ranks previous players but does anyone really think he's going to name any previous guy over the guy currently doing the job? Even if he thinks different he'd be stupid to say so.

I've never gotten hassled by the cops for a shirt or know anyone that has been. School might have been different lol but I had that GNR lies shirt with the raped chick on the back and nobody said anything

You know with Dave? I say all bets are off lol I can't predict crazy. You just never know lol

25 years ago it was easy to offend people with the image of metal, as opposed to the images on the shirts. I had the SOD shirt with Speak English or Die on it, and the Morbid Angel shirt with the Dead your god is dead lyrics on the back. I can understand why people get offended and I wont ever stop my kids buying such things but I will warn them against where it's appropriate to wear them.

Dave has said from day one Kiko is the best guitarist Megadeth has ever had and to me that's just looking after what's current. I'd expect him to say that every time a new guitarist comes on board. Imagine how much an arse the new guy in the band would feel if the lead singer told everyone that he was bettered by any one of the previous players. It's a pointless comment but if anything it's probably the sanest thing Dave's said in a long time...it's when he keeps talking that is the problem :)

Sadly Hatriot's never going to amount to anything since they squandered whatever momentum they had by not releasing an album with Cody on vocals within a year after he took over.

Reactions: Slammed and redfly
25 years ago it was easy to offend people with the image of metal, as opposed to the images on the shirts. I had the SOD shirt with Speak English or Die on it, and the Morbid Angel shirt with the Dead your god is dead lyrics on the back. I can understand why people get offended and I wont ever stop my kids buying such things but I will warn them against where it's appropriate to wear them.

Dave has said from day one Kiko is the best guitarist Megadeth has ever had and to me that's just looking after what's current. I'd expect him to say that every time a new guitarist comes on board. Imagine how much an arse the new guy in the band would feel if the lead singer told everyone that he was bettered by any one of the previous players. It's a pointless comment but if anything it's probably the sanest thing Dave's said in a long time...it's when he keeps talking that is the problem :)

I checked out that list after all. Dave is such a dick. Putting Broderick next to last when he was saying Broderick was the best ever and he had finally found his Randy Rhoads. He even put some guy that wasn't on an album in there. I think just to make Jeff Young even more last. Drover should be last. He has the same lack of feeling people complain Broderick of. but not nearly the skills that really any of the other guys have had.

Sadly Hatriot's never going to amount to anything since they squandered whatever momentum they had by not releasing an album with Cody on vocals within a year after he took over.

It all depends what they consider "amounting to something" actually is. They are still playing and making music, maybe they wont have world domination but maybe they also don't want it. Look at DDP, they may never make it in some peoples eyes but they haven't given up and will no doubt sell albums next time they make one with whoever turns up in the studio. Black Label Society is a band Zakk is happy never to have permanent members but is still making music. "Amounting to anything" is a vague term at best but it means something different to everyone.

I checked out that list after all. Dave is such a dick. Putting Broderick next to last when he was saying Broderick was the best ever and he had finally found his Randy Rhoads. He even put some guy that wasn't on an album in there. I think just to make Jeff Young even more last. Drover should be last. He has the same lack of feeling people complain Broderick of. but not nearly the skills that really any of the other guys have had.

The thing is while the names could really go in any order I'm not surprised by the words that accompany the list. When Kiko quits and a new guy comes in the same words will be said about the new guy and Kiko's words will vary depending on how amicable the split is. I agree that Dave is a dick for doing the list but to me the words mean nothing it's the actual act of publicising a list in any order with descriptions.