The what's going on in Thrash thread

Well someone needs to come in and help Holt, the poor bastard doesn't have time to scratch his arse.

Reactions: redfly
Ok this is obviously not thrash but I guess it's good to see Dukes doing something.
Not sure if I will be listening to the full album based on this song though.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/shawn-drover-my-reasons-for-joining-megadeth-were-purely-musical/

I know there is more to what he is saying than just "I joined Megadeth because of the music" but I also remember him stating at the time of joining that he joined because of the exposure a band like Megadeth offered him and his career. At the time the news sites agreed it was a good move for that reason (and it obviously was since he's still referred to as 'ex-Megadeth drummer Shawn Drover') I guess that's why I wasn't overly surprised when he came to leave. From his own words I always figured he was there to build a base for himself and there is plenty of worse places he could have chosen to do that from.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/shawn-drover-my-reasons-for-joining-megadeth-were-purely-musical/

I know there is more to what he is saying than just "I joined Megadeth because of the music" but I also remember him stating at the time of joining that he joined because of the exposure a band like Megadeth offered him and his career. At the time the news sites agreed it was a good move for that reason (and it obviously was since he's still referred to as 'ex-Megadeth drummer Shawn Drover') I guess that's why I wasn't overly surprised when he came to leave. From his own words I always figured he was there to build a base for himself and there is plenty of worse places he could have chosen to do that from.
I honestly have just blocked a lot of Drover out. All I remember him saying is what a big fan he was and how he wanted to bring Megadeth back to heavier stuff.
Too bad he doesn't have the chops for it. If he was such a fan he wouldn't have ruined the three? albums he was on.
Side note. I got a stern warning on the Megadeth board from the webmaster for writing something very similar. but it was much friendlier lol I didn't see the problem. I politely suggested that if Drover was such a fan he should leave. I got a warning about being barred and then Drover left lol

Reactions: Slammed
I don't have a problem with Drover admitting he was a fan or that he was using Megadeth to enhance his career, but if he ever thought he was going to have such an influence on the band that he would take them back to anything I think he was dreaming. Dave and Dave do what they want and what their label tells them to do.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Apparently Dukes has a new EP not just the song I posted yesterday.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-exodus-singer-rob-dukes-releases-solo-ep/

Can't remember which thread we were talking about it in the other day but I was just reminded of the worst site for youtube videos playing over each other. For some reason when I click on a video on Blabbermouth, then click the YT logo to load it up in YT (so I can go back to browsing Blabber in the original tab) the Blabber version doesn't stop playing like it does on other sites so I get the same song playing twice about a second out from each other. It can make for a fuller sound, or it can make it sound shit :)

Been a fan of these guys since they started and a much as I prefer Dave in the band I know that's not going to happen again but this is nearly back to the old days.

This isn't quite what I was expecting from SM either. It's got some elements of SM trash and metal but not sure they are all present on this song. I've got their other albums and will be looking at the new album but not buying it based on this.