The what's going on in Thrash thread

It's great when something just clicks like that though!
Ugh the metalcore formula. Bleh. They either start off screaming then sing like pussies or start off like pussies then scream. No originality at all. It's like they can't figure out if they actually like metal or not lol

Yeah I've tried a few times to listen to the songs and see if there is a reason for the growl and I can't figure it out. I understand death metal, it's a growl, it's what all do in the genre and they don't often mix and match, but to just growl a verse, and often have a second vocalist to do it doesn't seem to have a reason.

Reactions: redfly
555354E5-brave-birthdays-may-13th-2015-death-guns-n-roses-magnum-abysmal-dawn-deceased-my-dying-bride-down-prong-agalloch-image.jpg

R.I.P. Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner (DEATH, CONTROL DENIED) May 13th, 1967 – December 13th, 2001

Reactions: Slammed
555354E5-brave-birthdays-may-13th-2015-death-guns-n-roses-magnum-abysmal-dawn-deceased-my-dying-bride-down-prong-agalloch-image.jpg

R.I.P. Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner (DEATH, CONTROL DENIED) May 13th, 1967 – December 13th, 2001

That is such a shit picture of Chuck, but it seems like it's the only picture anyone has in the last two days :)

It's on the wiki page about him too so it seems like all the news articles just got lazy and used the first picture they found.

Eric Peterson was 54 yesterday and the pic Bravewords use for him is worse than the pic of Chuck :)

No you are behind me :p

His birthday was the 14th I didn't see it until a day after it happened, which was a day ahead of when it happened for you, which is a day behi...oh fuck I don't know

In the still pic I get in that interview video Chuck looks like a cross between John Travolta and Tom Araya. I bet he's glad he grew up :)

What the hell. It's April and one man hasn't checked in at all this year!

Oh man, has it really been that long? That was a busy year, for sure. I'll try to change that. Having decided to refresh some Forbidden stuff (the 1992-1993 demos and Green), I just learnt today about Tim Calvert's passing and found myself in such a big shock that I automatically came here to find out if you guys already know. But of course you do. Damn, what a loss for the metal world, even if he hadn't been an active musician for a while. May he rest in peace.

How are you guys doing, btw? I see at least the three of you have not been idle, ha ha.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Oh man, has it really been that long? That was a busy year, for sure. I'll try to change that. Having decided to refresh some Forbidden stuff (the 1992-1993 demos and Green), I just learnt today about Tim Calvert's passing and found myself in such a big shock that I automatically came here to find out if you guys already know. But of course you do. Damn, what a loss for the metal world, even if he hadn't been an active musician for a while. May he rest in peace.

How are you guys doing, btw? I see at least the three of you have not been idle, ha ha.
Doing alright one man! Glad you made it back!
Yes a very big bummer on the passing of Tim Calvert. He accomplished a lot in his short time!

Reactions: Neptune