The what's going on in Thrash thread

I didn't even know Bang Tango were popular enough in the 80's or 90's to be mentioned in the same sentence as other bands let alone 40 years later.

I'll make it even easier, get some band members that know what thrash is, then we'll reassess

Reactions: redfly
I don't understand what he's saying about the guy from Children Of Bodom. I get the part about being a guitar player that started after the grunge scene that can play. But he makes it sound like he brought back good solos. Solos like that have never been gone from metal. Lots of people have been doing it nonstop for decades. I don't know what rebound effect he's talking about. If you want to play thrashy type music. You have to shred.

I don't understand what he's saying about the guy from Children Of Bodom. I get the part about being a guitar player that started after the grunge scene that can play. But he makes it sound like he brought back good solos. Solos like that have never been gone from metal. Lots of people have been doing it nonstop for decades. I don't know what rebound effect he's talking about. If you want to play thrashy type music. You have to shred.

Yeah he's spoken the same thing about that COB guy before and I don't know what he's on about. I think the realisation that he's not a signer is a good one, although I also now believe that getting Stu was a case of catching him between jobs. I wonder if he's not talking about himself when he talks about solos and stuff like that. He seems to have woken up a bit recently and accepts that one of Annihilator's problems is him. I wonder if he's waking up to the fact that he has to change, he has to be more thrashy, and he has to step back from everything to do that.

Yeah he's spoken the same thing about that COB guy before and I don't know what he's on about. I think the realisation that he's not a signer is a good one, although I also now believe that getting Stu was a case of catching him between jobs. I wonder if he's not talking about himself when he talks about solos and stuff like that. He seems to have woken up a bit recently and accepts that one of Annihilator's problems is him. I wonder if he's waking up to the fact that he has to change, he has to be more thrashy, and he has to step back from everything to do that.
Nothing to dispute here. Carry on! :p.
Hmm, yeah sometimes when people stop doing things themselves, they sometimes think everyone has. It does seem like he had a good realization. But then he talks about doing it small about getting three takes with Lombardo and Block to be "raw" but is it raw? or that cheapness coming out again? And you're right it sounds like he grabbed Block because he wasn't doing anything.

Reactions: Slammed
Nothing to dispute here. Carry on! :p.
Hmm, yeah sometimes when people stop doing things themselves, they sometimes think everyone has. It does seem like he had a good realization. But then he talks about doing it small about getting three takes with Lombardo and Block to be "raw" but is it raw? or that cheapness coming out again? And you're right it sounds like he grabbed Block because he wasn't doing anything.

To me the metal covers album is the wrong time to be making all these claims. Covers are rarely as good as the originals and if you pick the wrong covers even a good band sounds like shit. So if this covers album doesn't work he's tainting the line up. He'd have been far better off saying nothing about the future, waiting until the album sold or didn't, then making the statement he wanted Stu and Dave for another album.

I don't what that means, but it's funny!

Didn't your mum used to tell you that eating the crusts of your bread would make your hair curly?
Apparently it's an old wives tale from more than 300 years ago. My mum never really used it against us because we ate crusts but we heard it plenty of times because cutting crusts of bread was a thing so many kids did.

To me the metal covers album is the wrong time to be making all these claims. Covers are rarely as good as the originals and if you pick the wrong covers even a good band sounds like shit. So if this covers album doesn't work he's tainting the line up. He'd have been far better off saying nothing about the future, waiting until the album sold or didn't, then making the statement he wanted Stu and Dave for another album.
Lol. Man, that is so true.

Didn't your mum used to tell you that eating the crusts of your bread would make your hair curly?
Apparently it's an old wives tale from more than 300 years ago. My mum never really used it against us because we ate crusts but we heard it plenty of times because cutting crusts of bread was a thing so many kids did.
No! :rofl: I have never heard that one lol. But I also wasn't a crust cutter!

Oh crap, I hadn't thought about that. What can they do in honour of Ted? Dropping a huge turd on the stage is too obvious.