The what's going on in Thrash thread

MF is one of my favorite bands ever but I just can't go see a band live that doesn't cover their whole catalog. I actually prefer a lot of their reunion-era songs.

I saw Kreator many years ago and it was OK. Never seen a guitarist look so bored on stage as their lead guitarist. I also would've preferred more deep cuts from them.

Anthrax will probably start playing that movie clip live to show how popular they are. They apparently have some intro that Keanu Reeves taped for them that they play live. I can't even imagine how annoying Scott must be to his celeb "friends".

Saw Mercyful Fate, Kreator and Midnight the other night! Mercyful Fate was amazing and played for a solid 90+ minutes! The moshpit and amount of crowdsurfers was surprising for them! :kickass: Kreator played for about 40 minutes and sounded great. Mille looks like he has put on some weight, but who hasn't? :lol: They promised a return in 2023 on a headline tour. Midnight were alright but kinda one note. For their last song they brought out a rough looking stripper to dance/twerk. :lol:

I read KD has not only promised a new KD album but some new MF songs to be released before the album. Looking like it could be a good year for the king.

Anthrax will probably start playing that movie clip live to show how popular they are. They apparently have some intro that Keanu Reeves taped for them that they play live. I can't even imagine how annoying Scott must be to his celeb "friends".

OH FFS don't don't say that just in case Scott is reading this forum, (although his Metallica kissing arse probably wouldn't allow him to read anything that doesn't praise him or his mighty overload Jamez)

Reactions: TempleOfBlood
I had a quick skip through that album and have been meaning to go back and give it a full listen.
Have you checked out the new Metallica? I find it hard to get a excited about a new release, although I hope it is better than their last one.

Spotify wrapped for 2022 top 5 artists:
1)Destruction
2) Kreator
3) Immolation
4) Judas Priest
5) Municipal Waste

The new Destruction album has been played consistently throughout the year! :kickass: I have given the new Kreator and Municipal Waste a lot of spins, but don't see them cracking my top 10 of 2022.

Reactions: Slammed
I think the new Metallica song is okay. There is throwback riffs to old school Metallica, it's got a real Diamond Head feel to it and it's always going to cop more hate because of who they are rather than what it is. How this song translates to the rest of the album I don't know, but I'll be in line to give the album a listen when it arrives. Going by this song alone the album has the potential to be more like something from before the Black Album than it does to be a Hardwired clone.

I don't know what my top albums will be this year. I'm currently working on my Aussie top 10 because CIG posted his a few days ago. I don't think MW will crack my top 10, Kreator is possible but far from assured.