The whole Mnemic Thing

UM wouldn't let me post my whole response above.. Here's the whole thing... read the "Jumping to Conclusions" blog. you'll have to log into your MySpace account, unfortunately.

Man, that sucks! Not that Andy's not going to mix it (Tue IMO is an excellent producer and it would be unfair to say, that either one is better - they each have their own style and way and who defines what is better ???), but it sucks that Mnemic states pure BS like this. It makes Andy look like "the bad guy" (sitting in his dungeon and ordering triggers on everything, even the hihat haha). Well, maybe Mnemic doesn't use triggers but they definately use samples - As James put it, they need to distinct between TRIGGERS and SAMPLES.

nah... he's not on my "shitlist" or anything of the sort, he's a very nice guy actually and has gone out of his way to contact me and say kind words about my playing and such... he's just a bit confused about the whole "trigger/samples" issue. i'll write him an email soon.

Well yeah, Im not saying the guy's gonna be blackballed or anything crazy... Im just screwing around.

Good blog!
If you have made allready 2 albums you should know (some of?!?) your stuff...right, like...what's the meaning and what the use of triggers is??
And then also flaming someone in public like that for me shows that you indeed might have the IQ of a twinkie bar...

Hey Thanks James for the whole big article.:headbang: I've dealt with similar issues before. The person making all the decisions is not as knowledgeable as an engineer. it's not a fault, but they can misinterpret things. the Deciding factor for me will be the new singer. Michael Bøgballe was a good vocalist imo.

Thanks too, Andy, for enlighting us.:kickass:

James Murphy said:
i'm trying to reply to this, but my reply is long, and i get denied... even when i try to break it up in smaller pieces... i can get a sentence or two in and nothing more... after that it says "FORBIDDEN".. etc. etc., blah blah blah

I have that problem sometimes. The board wont let me reply to some topics. o_O

Well said James, and Andy. I dont give a shit recording a trigger signal along with the mics is a fail safe method of tracking drums, So many options open up from having a transducer signal recorded like stated on this forum a million times rather it be sidechaining or drum replacement. And we all know there will be samples on the new Mnemic album in one form or another it just a shame the dont know it yet lol
o yeah James and Andy kick balls!!!:headbang:

but...what do you have to do when people post this kind of thing:

Posted By Dr.Greenthumb on 20 August, 2006
MNEMIC RULE FOR SAYING THAT!!! NO BULLSHIT TAKEN!

Posted By Payaso on 19 August, 2006
Nomather what the reason is, technical differences = technical differences and thats enough to deceide to work with someone else. It's all about having the right feeling when you make an album! even if a difference is based on bullshit (I dont say it is) its enough to make such a decision.

There are no problems if they said "we have more feeling with Tue"...but "THE TRIGGERRRRRRR".... TRIGGER = EVIL ... and it's very funny that are mnemic to say this...a band influenced mainly by FEAR FACTORY! :D

Another funny post:

Posted By Mnemonical65 on 20 August, 2006
i cant believe the last 2 albums are without triggers!!!! WTF i thought they where all about the industrial metal!! LOL ill see you guys at Jaxx!!!!!!! cant wait for the new album!!!!

These guys don't understand