The Wild Life and other old school dvd's

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
I'm in the mood for some good old school 80's classics on dvd! Does anybody remember THE WILD LIFE with Chris Penn? I want that one bad but I don't think it's on dvd? Anybody know?

ALSO, what are some of your favorite OLD SCHOOL classics?!?!?! Something with a little comedy, maybe a rocking soundtrack, and of course the occasional shot of gratuitous nudity!

Here are a couple of my favorites......
FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH
WIERD SCIENCE (just picked this one up for $7.99)
I forget the name, but it's the movie with John Cusack and the paperboy wants his TWO DOLLARS!

Stuff like that....what do you all recommend? What are some of your favorites?

I just thought this would be a fun thread! Make you relive your youth!

The Cusack movie you're thinking of is called Better Off Dead. It's out on DVD.

How about The Adventures Of Ford Fairlane? I just found that on DVD for 6 bucks!

I love those old 80's flix.

And speaking of John Cusack, he's done some great movies here lately. Have you seen Hi Fidelity or Grosse Point Blank? Both are worth checking out.

Haven't seen those but I'll check 'em out. I just love those movies where you've seen 'em so many times you know all the lines before they say 'em. HILARIOUS. Take FAST TIMES, for instance...all you gotta say is "I know that dude" or "make up your mind, is he gonna SHIT or is he gonna KILL US?" or even "all I need is a cool buzz and some tasty waves" and you know exactly what part of the movie and what the mighty Jeff Spicoli is talking about.

tedvanfrehley said:
I just love those movies where you've seen 'em so many times you know all the lines before they say 'em.

That's why I hate watching them on TV, they edit the hell out of them. I saw about 5 minutes of Ford Fairlane on TV the other day and it just doesn't work. For example the line "Clint Eastwood? Ohhwwww" just is not as funny as "Clint Eastwood? I Fucked Him... Ohhwwww". :) Gotta love the Dice Man!

"That's my skull"

I saw a great movie that played in the mid 70s called "Dazed and Confused". I really liked the soundtrack of that movie. It took me right back! In 1977 I was 19 years old :)

Another movie I liked was about two really stupid Kiss fans who wanted to see them in Detriot [rock city]. There's a hilarious scene when they meet two disco freaks and get into a fight with them. :lol: Anybody know the title of that movie? [My spelling suck now!]

Hawk said:
I saw a great movie that played in the mid 70s called "Dazed and Confused". I really liked the soundtrack of that movie. It took me right back! In 1977 I was 19 years old :)

Another movie I liked was about two really stupid Kiss fans who wanted to see them in Detriot [rock city]. There's a hilarious scene when they meet two disco freaks and get into a fight with them. :lol: Anybody know the title of that movie? [My spelling suck now!]

Dazed and Confused is one of my favorite movies, one of the first DVD's I bought. That movie looks soooo 70's that you would never know that it was filmed in the mid 90's. The "stoner dude" is classic!

Wasn't the Kiss movie called Detroit Rock City?

How about Grosse Point Blank? It stars John Cusack as a hit man going to his high school reunion. The soundtrack is all 80's music.

Heavy Metal Fantasy said:
Oh-Yeah! I ALMOST forgot "Kiss meets the phantom of the park"!

K-riste!!!!! I loved that movie as a kid, when I finally got to see it 15 years later I realized how stupid I was as a kid. That movie is soo bad it's good. :)

Wasn't Ace's stunt double a black guy?! I can see it now.... "After we slap the makeup on him no one will ever be able to tell".... Even at 10 years old I could tell it wasn't Ace!!! :lol: Has this ever come out on DVD?

Greeno said:
K-riste!!!!! I loved that movie as a kid, when I finally got to see it 15 years later I realized how stupid I was as a kid. That movie is soo bad it's good. :)

Wasn't Ace's stunt double a black guy?! I can see it now.... "After we slap the makeup on him no one will ever be able to tell".... Even at 10 years old I could tell it wasn't Ace!!! :lol: Has this ever come out on DVD?

Hu! I never even thought about looking for it on DVD. :p HE WAS BLACK!! :tickled:

Heavy Metal Fantasy said:
Hu! I never even thought about looking for it on DVD. :p HE WAS BLACK!! :tickled:

Yeah! In the movie you can't really tell if the guy is black but you can tell that it's not Ace. I read years later that he was a black stuntman. They also overdubed all of Peter's lines, his voice is not in the movie.... just like his drum playing is not on most of the albums. :lol: And may I add SCREW GENE for telling us that Ace and Peter are not on allot of those older albums..... he's killing the allure of the band, messing with the memories of the fans.