The World Cup 2014 Official Thread

Colombia looked impressive today and could cause some trouble in the round of 16.

Poor Greece. Their population still expects another 2004 Euro miracle, but the only miracle they should hope for is that they make it out of the group stage..

Predictions for today:

Uruguay 3-0 Costa Rica
Italy 2-1 England
Japan 1-1 Ivory Coast

Some of the images making their rounds on the interwebs these last 2 days.

The flying Dutchman.
PersonalFakeChital.gif

Spain VS Holland in one image.
kaKLoRa.jpg

The scoreboard and his face say it all.
1607016_10204254598833764_7923844311312465711_n.jpg

Joel Campbell's goal celebration.
bqhgijbcaaa9mpf-large.png

Costa Rica's President's Tweet.
yQ94lBZ.jpg

Japanese fans before the game VS The Ivory Coast.
6ZykIQX.png

After the game
856920829.gif

Uruguay just got smoked by Los Ticos. The writing was on the wall when Forlan got subbed.

Greece's defense was just god awful. I would be shocked if they got points in that group.

England collapse in the heat and humidity showed that they are not coming out of this group. Just like 1950. Sturridge's goal was pure class.

The Ivory Coast showed a lot of character coming back. Japan was just another Northern Hemisphere side that wilted in Recife's humidity.

I don't know what sport Honduras were playing but it sure wasn't soccer!

More like deer in the headlights. Honduras did not even show up. But, look at the bright side: If Wilson Palacios gives up soccer, a few teams in the NFL could use him as a Defensive End. His tackle that got him sent off was NFL-quality.

Tomorrow is the biggie: USA-Ghana.

Can't wait for America to beat Ghana and get revenge for the last two cups, but first is my other team Germany. Lets go!

Well, 3-0 Germany at the half, with Portugal down a man thanks to Pepe being stupid. This game is pretty much over already.

Can't wait for America to beat Ghana and get revenge for the last two cups, but first is my other team Germany. Lets go!

Well, 3-0 Germany at the half, with Portugal down a man thanks to Pepe being stupid. This game is pretty much over already.

What we saw in the first 45 minutes was a seasoned, Championship outfit, playing against a side that is showing that they are lucky to be there. I would not be surprised to see a 6 or 7-nil scoreline at the end.

As for us supporters of the Red, White, and Blue: repeat after me:

I
I believe
I believe that
I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!

Ghana should have won that, they will be kicking themselves. But so ineffective in the final third.