The World Cup 2014 Official Thread

Costa Rica advances!! 1-0 over Italy!! Who'd have thought they'd be the first to advance out of that group...

Nobody sober. Not even tipsy. Costa Rica did everything right today. Now, if they can beat England, the Sweet 16 will get extremely interesting. To think that I thought that it would be Honduras that would surprise.

You're feeling sick? I had a bet on America to win 2-1. Then today I bet quite a fair wack on Croatia thinking they would need the win and they turn in a horror show. This WC was kind to me at the beginning but now it's turned to complete shit. Need to stop gambling on this shit lol..

The Netherlands are chuggin' right along and that's all I care about... (which is not to say I'm not rooting for the USA too, mind you.)

My predictions for round of 16 (counting the games already confirmed). Mind you this is literally just a little game and a bit of wishful thinking:

Brasil x Chile
Netherlands x Mexico
Colombia x Uruguay
Costa Rica x Ivory Coast
France x Nigeria
Argentina x Switzerland
Germany x Algeria
Belgium x USA
-----------------------------

Quarter Finals:

Brasil x Uruguay
France x Germany
Netherlands x Costa Rica
Argentina x USA
------------------------------

Semi Finals:

Brasil x France
Netherlands x Argentina

Final:

Brasil x Argentina

I'm throwing my support behind Germany. Nothing would be better than a European side taking the title in South America's backyard. :devil:

I don't understand what Suarez is thinking, its not like there was a heated exchange which caused a brain snap. Guy is just nuts

Suarez should be thrown out of the World Cup. The guy is a loony. Meanwhile the drama continues...Greece were awarded a last gasp penalty and guess what I had the match as a draw along with Columbia to win. Foiled again. I didn't think it was a penalty either. There was a slight touch but I've seen far worse not given. What a WC though. Costa Rica playing Greece. One of those two muppets will be in the quarters. I pray to the footballing Gods it ain't Greece!!!

Suarez should be thrown out of the World Cup. The guy is a loony. Meanwhile the drama continues...Greece were awarded a last gasp penalty and guess what I had the match as a draw along with Columbia to win. Foiled again. I didn't think it was a penalty either. There was a slight touch but I've seen far worse not given. What a WC though. Costa Rica playing Greece. One of those two muppets will be in the quarters. I pray to the footballing Gods it ain't Greece!!!

I suggest you stop placing bets :Spin: