The world's newest metalhead

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
Guys and gals, I am proud to announce the birth of my newest grandson Jace Aaron Smith. Jace was born this morning at 5:05mst at Sierria east Medical Center in El Paso. Jace weighted in at 5lbs 11oz and is 20 3/4 inches long. He came into the world screaming "Nightwish, Nightwish" just kidding. Both Mother and baby are doing fine, Mom will have to spend a few extra days in the hospital due to the pre-clampsia she suffered the past few days. Dad is on a plane from IRAQ and should be here on Monday. I will post some Photos as soon as I can get some taken. Oh by the way he is lying in the little plastic hospital bassinet with his Nightwish shirt on signing "Wish I had a Bottle" I believe in starting them out right, with Metal.:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::kickass::kickass:

Congrats! I just had my first 9 months ago today. She will have an eclectic upbrining bewteen my metal and mom's classical. Sigh... poor confused child.

Congrats to all! "Wish I had abottle" - hahaha, cute!

Looking forward to the pictures.

I will post the pictures as soon as I get back to El paso from Tempe, becuase i have to take some first. Yeah I wasn't there, Mary made us do the Roadtrip we had planned for Rachel's Birthday, we are leaving in about 15 minutes and should be home in about 5 to 6 hours.

Thanks for the Well wishes, you don't know how much it means to Mary, and to me also. Shows that no matter what we are all still family.

Echoing all of the other comments here - congratulations, John! Your family keeps getting larger and larger. I hope your lap has room to hold all these grandkids at Christmastime! :)

Update - Mary and baby Jace are now at home, and both are doing great, other than the no sleep at night for Mary. My son-in-law is enroute home from IRAQ and should be getting in late today or tomorrow depending on flight status.

Oh yeah in answer to Todd, with my grandkids scattered all over the US it is gonna be hard to get them all in one city. 3 are in Hawaii, 1 each in Ohio, and NC, and now 3 in El Paso.