The Worst Metal Songs Of All Time

I don't know most of those songs, but i'm fully prepared to believe that they all suck in exactly the way that he describes; however -

31. Iron Maiden - Weekend Warrior
This song pokes fun at middle aged fat blokes in footy shirts running around at the weekend kicking round a ball like teenagers, then spending hours at the pub getting plastered, and then buggering off back to their weekday jobs as drainlayers, or painters and decorators, or cab drivers. Way to alienate your core audience, Iron Maiden!

That's not what it's about at all!

Still, sub par for maiden anyway.

I haven't even looked at the article yet and I already know I'll hate it, considering how much I disliked the live albums one.

Still, must have a look anyway.

OK, some notes. Most of the songs I don't know, and I can't remember the Children of Bodom song off the top of my head so I won't comment on that, and I never did like the Dream Theater song much so I won't comment on that either. Still,

Helloween, "Heavy Metal Hamsters" - they have plenty of songs that have stupid lyrics, yet still rock. Dr Stein, anyone? Heavy Metal Hamsters rocks.

WASP, "Forever Free" - this song RULES. Idiot.

Iron Maiden, "Weekend Warrior" - this song RULES as well. One of the few good songs on FOTD. And as TinDude said, it's about football hooligans. Let's have a look at the lyrics, shall we?

Steve Harris said:
It's all bravado when you're out with your mates
It's like a different person goes through those gates
And the game begins, the adrenaline's high
Feel the tension, maybe someone will die

You've gotta get out gotta get away
But you're in with a clique it's not easy to stray
You've gotta admit you're just living a lie
It didn't take long to work out why
It's hard to say why you got involved
Just wanting to be part, just wanting to belong

Why yes, it IS just about middle-aged fat blokes in footy shirts.

I wish I had owned a Lawnmower Deth album. I only ever knew a few song titles that I picked up from Kerrang!, like "I"m In Love (With a Dead Dog)" and "Can I Cultivate Your Groinal Garden?"

You're right, TinDude. Silly me. :) Still awesome though. I need to get me some Gwar and Lawnmower Deth, I've left it for far too long.

Any suggestions, peeps?

TinMan666 said:
Oh i forgot to add, much respect for mentioning "Cobwoman of death meets mister smellymop".

I wish i still owned taht album :(
I hear you, oh well it was fun in its day.
You got no legs, dont come crawlin to me!