The Worst of Iron Maiden

I only really dislike "Quest for Fire" because of the lyrics. When I think about it, the lyrics in "To Tame a Land" and that infamous cable car line in "Where Eagles Dare" are also pretty terrible, but the first line in "Quest" beats everything for lameness.

For bad lyrics you just have to go to The Apparition:

Extrasensory perception!
Life after death, telepathy!
Can the soul live on and travel through
space and time?

It could be better... but reading over the lyrics for WED, it sets the scene for the story for about the first 3/4 of the song and then the last verse is pretty much they're done now they escape.

Is Fear is the Key inspired by the Alistair Maclean book as well?

The weakest Maiden songs had Blaze Bailey on vocals. Even "Clansman", which is a great song, sounds all wrong with his voice. The two albums he sang on had some of the best music Maiden ever made and I can't stade to listen to either one end-to-end cuz his vocals just plain suck.

In addition, and I know this will get some irate responses but... I own every album and I've never been even a slight fan of the song "Take your daughter to the Slaughter" and the album "Fear of the Dark" had some serious climkers as well as some greats.

Mac - HEDDA

I only really dislike "Quest for Fire" because of the lyrics. When I think about it, the lyrics in "To Tame a Land" and that infamous cable car line in "Where Eagles Dare" are also pretty terrible, but the first line in "Quest" beats everything for lameness.

yeah but but but.... all those songs are based on moofies i have never seen, so i always kinda just assumed those lyrics where a reference to something in the film... so, put into context, ya feel me?

anyway if steve harris says dinosaurs and men lived at the same time, who am i to argue?

Hahah. Well, there's no dinosaurs in the Quest for Fire movie. And considering that Dune is one of the most heavy-handed and impenetrable wankfests in the history of the written word, Harry didn't really do too bad a job trying to translate it into a few lines of song.