The "wtf with Opeth lyrics?!" feeling

Windward

Mar 28, 2009
Somewhere between here and there.
Haven't you guys reached a point when you get the feeling that the lyrics (in general) are like... freaking random!, and yet mystical and beautiful?
Today I was listening to Death Whispered A Lullaby, and as I tried to follow the track of the song, and figure out the story behind it, I eventually got lost in it, like a blind bird following the dark softness of moonlight. I thought "that's not odd in Steven Wilson's lyrics..", but then I listened to all BWP songs, and I felt just the same way. And I just realized I get that feeling recently with every song! It's like both creepy and magical...

opeth is like a house with many rooms.when you enter this house,it charms you both lyrics and melodies that's why we can listen to them for hours :D.and yes,the songs are creepy and magical :D i agree

When a good friend of mine recommended me opeth few years ago i didnt like it at all.I was like whats so special abt this anyway?Back in days i was huuuuge Nile fan and i used to listen to them for hours.Anyway,one night when i was coming home i realised that i cant listen to Nile anymore that night and the only other thing i had in my player was Bleak.That song suited perfectly with all melodies and lyrics into night.I had a feeling that song was written just for that night and that moment.I was like how did i dare to say that this masterpiece is boring.Bleak is still one my fav songs ever:Smokin: