Them Bones

Winmar

Pillock of society
Apr 16, 2001
Canberra
I had an op last week on a broken finger. Now I can't type properly. In 1999 I had metal inserted into a broken collar bone. Oh joy.

Anyone else ever broken any bones?

Broke 4 ribs about a decade ago in a freak boogy board accident...hurt like hell and was an absolute PITA because it stopped me doing stuff (now inertia stops me).

My little bloke broke his arm when he was nearly 2. Local hospital fucked it up and he needed to be put under twice to get it right.

I've broken my left arm twice, in 5 places total.

When I was two I was climbing all over a car with my cousin and I fell off of the roof. Broke my arm in 4 places, two breaks through both bones.

Then when I was 15 I was crossing the road between cars stopped at lights on Anzac Road and as I crossed the last [empty] lane a car come screaming down it, slammed on the brakes and hit my back leg as I was about to step off the road, send me flying about 5 or so meters down the gravelly strip on my front, which scraped me up, and in landing I broke my wrist on the same arm, but just through one bone.

Didn't do any real damage to my leg funnily enough though, apart from a MASSIVE bruise. AND the guy sort of just looked out his window and went "YOU RIGHT MATE?" to which I sort of staggered to my feet and nodded and he peeled off. Cunt.

I had a nasty incident one night.....me V trampoline dismount. Broken ankle needing a plate and 7 screws. Beer involved, but I dont hold the beer responcable

My daughter was about 4 at the time and she laughed that "Daddy has grass in his hair!"

Some of you have had some bad ones!

I had my cast taken off today, and now just have a protective covering over the finger. It was weird seeing it with nothing covering it. There's metal going through the top two parts of the finger, and it joins onto a bit of plastic, which is outside on the top of the finger. I freak out some girls at work by talking about grabbing the plastic bit and pulling the metal out.

Why the fuck do I bother playing sport?

Snapped my femur in a motorbike accident when I was 14. Seriously one of the worst breaks I have ever seen, on tv, internet or otherwise. Would have loved to have a photo of my lying in the ditch with my foot up next to my head. I also had a piece of fencing wire go through my shoulder, and inch or 2 to the right and it would have pierced my heart. I was lucky enough to recieve some new experimental leg pins which saw me only spend 2 weeks in hospital, rather than the 3 months in traction which was the alternative. Depsite the pain, the limp, the hospital time, the physio, etc, it wasn't a bad deal for a 14 year old, getting a term off school to play his new Nintendo 64 in a recliner at home haha.

Other than that I have broken my big toe playing on machinery as a teenager, and my little finger when it got jarred by a basketball.

Crikey, that's insane. I assume it fucking killed (when you broke your leg), or did the shock dull the pain for a while?

4 x broken fingers
1 x broken scaphoid
1x broken wrist
1 x fractured ankle( i also did all my ligaments here too)
1x broken tailbone.
Currently my big toe on my right foot is still bloody swollen from a cricket ball being edged onto it in March( i was batting and went the slog but topped the shit out of it and went straight down). I'm assuming that was broken too based on the fact it still hurts.

I also have no cartlidge left in my right knee and I have to do physio exercises in order to avoid a knee reconstruction in the next 10 years.

Ahh the joys of physical activity

Crikey, that's insane. I assume it fucking killed (when you broke your leg), or did the shock dull the pain for a while?

I actually didn't feel a thing, I went into a shut down/shock type mode when I was flung from the bike and into the fence/gate, and when I woke up lying on my back, I was in shock and felt nothing, though I lifted my head and fainted at what I saw. The pain came when the ambo straightened my leg to get me on the stretcher, but the morphine kicked in pretty quickly after that. Worst break he has ever seen that wasn't a compound fracture he told me, quite lucky I think. I owe it all to my tight black jeans. :lol:

I've had all kinds of fun injuries from car crashes, falling off shit, etc. but aside from open wounds, I've actually only broken my second-little toe on my left foot - twice, believe it or not! Once when I was 6 or 7, and more recently when we were moving house and I kicked a moving box which chose to be harder and more immobile than I'd really wanted it to be. :( Got a broken nose in a fight when I was 18 or so too, and still suffering lots of fun breathing problems now. I should really get that fixed one day.

Blitzy still wins, though! Eesh! :err: