Theocracy/Gigantour suggestion

robhudd

Theocracy Fan!
May 14, 2012
Northern California
Theocracy's and/or their manager needs to contact Dave Mustaine of Megadeth/Gigantour and see about going on the road with them. Dave is a born again Christian & might be in favor us supporting Theocracy since they share the same beliefs (supposedly). Worth a shot anyway! Gigantour would definitely get them noticed.

That sounds like a great idea but from what I've gathered you can't really teach an old dog new tricks. Dave was a major pain in the ass (ACCORDING TO SOME SOURCES) during some of their tours and the Christian side doesn't really get a lot of exposure.

I still think he's one of the best writers, guitarists and performers all around but after hearing what happened during MetalFest in Croatia this year I was kind of disappointed. I still don't know the full story (or the truth for that matter) but supposedly he got into an argument with WASP and since he was dissatisfied with WASP headlining the show he took their time (Megadeth was supposed to play only after WASP).

Some nimrod threw a rock and the band continued to play a few more songs before calling it quits.

I can't blame the fans though, people came from all over southern and middle Europe to see WASP and some of them paid the full 3 days ticket just to see them.

There's a lot of stories about Dave being a poor Christian but I wouldn't take any of their words for it.

I think it's a pretty cool idea to get Theocracy to play with them, and actually quite possible, but it's all up to the big dogs :p

Dave Mustain is a great songwriter, and yes he is a Christian, but he is an idiot. He comes out with a statement on abortion, politics, etc. one day, then a statement changing his previous statement the next, then a statement contradicting himself the next. He needs to get his act together before he comes out with statement like he does, because I have seen A TON of people ripping on Christianity because of Mustain's idiocy. It makes me angry.....:zombie:

Why are you apologizing? The idea is phenomenal, I'd love to see it happen even if I would never get to see them play together.

As a negative side effect you'll have a million sites going on about how Mustaine is trying to get on better terms with the more Christiany bands or whatever. There's spiteful people everywhere.

Ignoring all the useless babble in this thread, I would really like to see that. It'd probably never happen but if it gets more Americans to see Theocracy, then it's a good idea.

As for Megadeth, I have respect for Dave Mustaine and Dave Ellefson even if Dave Mustaine doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut, it's perfectly acceptable. He's become a christian and is struggling with what to think and believe and how people are taking the things he has said, we all have had conflicting views in our mind before.

I don't think Mustaine is a Christian but I don't know the guy, do I? LOL! How can one really know!? It's hard to see fruit... so ya...

About that site... probably not the best reference. Most of the content was unintelligent ranting... just saying! I've heard that talk many times before, living in SC, and being accused of "satanism" by some people myself.

About Gigantour... it's a bit of a stretch... but I'd love to see it happen.

This thread is stupid. We shouldn't be focused so much on what Mustaine is/isn't doing or saying but just rejoice in the fact that he has come to God. When people first become Christians they screw up. A lot. Whether it be because they are over zealous, don't understand things, or simply because their faith isn't as strong yet. This man has been touring in one of the biggest heavy metal bands around for many years; probably seen and done things that we couldn't even imagine and yet we think that as soon as he become a Christian he won't do stupid things? Give him a break and just be glad that he has turned to God and will eventually come to understand his mistakes.

What I was saying is he needs to shut up because he is giving Christianity a bad image.

And he has been a Christian since 2004 (To the best of my knowledge), and it is now 2012. Just saying.......:zombie:

I wasn't upset. I was giving my opinion on the off-topic banter that I thought wasn't needed at all. If you want to argue what you believe 'judging' is, then we can, otherwise the discussion is pointless. That's what I was saying.

As for the 2004 thing, I had no idea, I would have been 9 at the time. But I don't think that him making Christians look bad is a very big concern.

What I was saying is he needs to shut up because he is giving Christianity a bad image.

And he has been a Christian since 2004 (To the best of my knowledge), and it is now 2012. Just saying.......:zombie:

IMHO... the people who made that site against metal are much worse witnesses than him... seriously... Their site was judgmental and not biblical. :puke:

I prefer to say, hey, how can we know? He could be a Christian, and he could not be... :saint:

This thread is stupid. We shouldn't be focused so much on what Mustaine is/isn't doing or saying but just rejoice in the fact that he has come to God. When people first become Christians they screw up. A lot. Whether it be because they are over zealous, don't understand things, or simply because their faith isn't as strong yet. This man has been touring in one of the biggest heavy metal bands around for many years; probably seen and done things that we couldn't even imagine and yet we think that as soon as he become a Christian he won't do stupid things? Give him a break and just be glad that he has turned to God and will eventually come to understand his mistakes.

That was pretty solid..

In fact... Imma take it a step further and say that even Christians who are mature can make HUGE mistakes... :zombie: