Theocracy: The Making of a Japanese Bonus Track

It's looking great Matt! It seems like this new creature known as deadlines on your music is cramping your style :).

I have thoroughly enjoyed both of the videos so far. Maybe for the final one, we get to hear most of the track?

Wow, that clip at the end sounded great! Good work! I hope there is some other way to get it than importing the Japanese version. Maybe iTunes or something?

:OMG:
That was awesome, again! And funny as well. :)

It's so cool that you share these videos. I really like how you guys work together and the joint effort you make to make it sound as good as possible, even on such a timeschedule! :yow::worship:

I don't mean to sound too emotional, but I feel connected to you guys, somehow through this video, respect! :')
:rofl:

Considering my music making ability consists solely of hitting the "play" button, it was great seeing what goes into making a song. I don't think a lot of people understand the work involved in making music, and maybe if they did, less people would be inclined to think it's OK not to pay for it.

Thanks for showing us this Matt, and I look forward to hearing more of the final product!

For those of you who might only check the forums, Part 3 (and 1 & 2) is available from the Theocracy home page for download.

I hope there is some other way to get it than importing the Japanese version. Maybe iTunes or something?

Can someone in the band or at the label confirm whether or not importing the Japanese album will be the only way to acquire the bonus song?

This is getting to be a common question on the myspace page and I'd like to give out the correct info to people.

Thanks!

... and might also be available to purchase through us or the band when it's released.

That would be great!
I sooo much dislike this "Japanese Bonustrack-thing"! :yuk:
Somehow it is like being treated like a second class fan, when you live in Europe or in the US.
If I buy a CD I want to get the real - that means complete - thing!
If I know there is a version of an album that contains a (great) bonus track - this is the thing to get. I REALLY want to support the bands I love by buying their albums, but if can't get the complete CD for a reasonable price (that means no overpriced imports from Japan) new, I'd rather wait to see if I can get it used than getting the incomplete Euro- or US-Version!
Sorry, if I sound disgruntled - I am, when I think about this regional bonustrack habit!

That being said...
Matt, thanks for sharing this videos! It's interesting to see and hear parts of the recording process. ...and as usual it sounds like a great song!

Please make it available to all the Theocracy fans around the world.
...or do you want to make me :cry: ?

Thanks for the info!

Snert, I can't remember the exact reasoning, but I know the bands and labels basically have to do the Japanese bonus track thing if they want to be able to sell to the Japanese market. I've also been told (not by Theocracy, but by other bands) that the US/Euro version is usually the band's vision of the "complete album". It's not like they hold back one great song for Japanese release only. Usually, they pick a castoff that they deemed not good enough for the album. Once I learned that, I stopped worrying so much that I was missing out on one song :)

Normally I wouldn't either, but I usually don't care about bands as much as I care about Theocracy. I really hope the Japanese release is available through Ulterium or the band when it hits because through the store linked to it would cost about $25 not including shipping and all that. Yikes.

I know that for the band the US/Euro version is the complete one, but not for me if the bonustrack is very good - and in Theocracy's case it's no question if it will be great or not!

I know there is a reason to do bonustracks for the japanese market. I think if the album is released in Japan later than in the US or Europe the japanese would import the album and would not wait for the official japanese release - so a goodie is needed to keep their patience alive.

So, there is a reason, but that doesn't help me at all :(

But, I think the Japanese version will come out sooner. Is that right? I'm still going to order the Japanese one anyway. I've got a few Japanese releases of various albums already :D.

Am I the only one willing to admit my sinful ways?
I'm planning on buying the album (EU), then thoroughly raping the internet in search of the Bonus Track. It's not stealing, it's piracy.