Theocracy: The Making of a Japanese Bonus Track

I can't remember the exact reasoning, but I know the bands and labels basically have to do the Japanese bonus track thing if they want to be able to sell to the Japanese market. I've also been told (not by Theocracy, but by other bands) that the US/Euro version is usually the band's vision of the "complete album". It's not like they hold back one great song for Japanese release only. Usually, they pick a castoff that they deemed not good enough for the album. Once I learned that, I stopped worrying so much that I was missing out on one song :)

Hmmm, let me change that. I asked around a bit (again, not asking Theocracy) and I was wrong about them "having" to do it. I thought I had heard that it was almost a legal requirement. Anyway, it's more just a practice that grew and has continued.

However, I still contend that, for most bands, if you never get the Japanese bonus tracks, you haven't missed much and it's not at all worth stressing over. In Theocracy's case, that's obviously not true. I think everyone here feels that we need to get ahold of all of their work! But they are one of very few bands I feel that way about.

Hmmm, let me change that. I asked around a bit (again, not asking Theocracy) and I was wrong about them "having" to do it. I thought I had heard that it was almost a legal requirement. Anyway, it's more just a practice that grew and has continued.

However, I still contend that, for most bands, if you never get the Japanese bonus tracks, you haven't missed much and it's not at all worth stressing over. In Theocracy's case, that's obviously not true. I think everyone here feels that we need to get ahold of all of their work! But they are one of very few bands I feel that way about.

Yea, exactly. Sometimes it's not worth the money/wait to import... but... well, this IS Theocracy!!! And the parts I've heard of the song has completely blown me away, so there is no way I'm not getting this japanese release. PERIOD!

Hey Matt, that part of the song in the end of the video ("Restoration...something...something") is so freakin' awesome! Makes me wanna cry and puke- both in a good way. lol. And I would if I was dr zoidberg. You get my point.

Ehh....yeah... :loco: