There should be a Prog Power Texas

Whatever happened to the festival people wanted in NY??? Just curious???

Things done yesterday:

hmmmmmmm can't say about the bands.

Talked to a potential sponsor.

Talked to Justin about Web page and hosting(although i didn't understand a thing he said as i am a computer dummy) I will just let him run with it.

Talked to Tammy(she doesn't feel good)

Talked money with my better half, she is very supportive.

Had dinner

Relaxed

Went to bed.

Just so everyone knows things are progressing very well, thanks to Tammy and Shane, Mike, Drew. I hope as many of you as can make will come, i think you are really going to be surprised, the music is going to be awesome, and that is because just like ProgPower, the bands WANT to do this.

Stay tuned to this channel for more info as it becomes available.

J-Man

It's good to read all these updates on the fest... thanks J-Man and Tammy (and everyone working so hard to make this happen.) I'll be there come hell or high dihyrogen monoxide. :)

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

It's good to read all these updates on the fest... thanks J-Man and Tammy (and everyone working so hard to make this happen.) I'll be there come hell or high dihyrogen monoxide. :)

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

MONEY DUDE and Lots of it:headbang: :headbang:

Reactions: Thorn23TX
Let me throw in an eye-opener....

You do not get a single cent from Ticketmaster, Ticket Alternative, etc until the event is over. That is U.S. law in order to prevent credit card fraud. That means you need your own money (or deal with the venue) to essentially pay for everything in advance and then reimburse yourself once the event is over.

I don't think we should use a ticketing service. Not this year anyway, we are still too small. Ticket service charges will be quite a bit of our budget whereas we can handle it ourselves. We could hire the professionals to handle it if we were selling thousands of tickets, but we're not. A good percentage of our ticket sales will likely be at the door, and the pre-orders can definately be handled on our own with the creative use of PayPal and envelopes.

Question for everyone.... there is a VIP area at the club. Band members, sponsors, and a few special patrons will have access to this area. Would you guys participate in a contest if the prizes were VIP ticket upgrades?? This is just an idea I had in the last 2 minutes, but I want to see if it would be worth making it a reality. I have a few ideas for the contest, but would love some input! Suggestions.....?

Small local stores are also a good idea. For certain shows in my area, you used to be able to go to a local record store to pick up the tickets, avoiding ticketbastard charges. That store is out of business but luckily whoever owns the local Borders is cool and has taken up selling these tickets.

Small local stores are also a good idea. For certain shows in my area, you used to be able to go to a local record store to pick up the tickets, avoiding ticketbastard charges. That store is out of business but luckily whoever owns the local Borders is cool and has taken up selling these tickets.

Oh yeah, you're right! I can't believe I forgot about that! :rolleyes: I used to buy all my tickets that way! Hmmm... anyone in Houston have the names of some cool music shops, head/smoke shops, or vintage stores in the neighborhood???????

I could look them up myself, but personal recommendations mean more to me than net searches.

Question for everyone.... there is a VIP area at the club. Band members, sponsors, and a few special patrons will have access to this area. Would you guys participate in a contest if the prizes were VIP ticket upgrades?? This is just an idea I had in the last 2 minutes, but I want to see if it would be worth making it a reality. I have a few ideas for the contest, but would love some input! Suggestions.....?

I'm not sure what sort of contest you're talking about, but the idea is certainly intriguing...

Oh yeah, you're right! I can't believe I forgot about that! :rolleyes: I used to buy all my tickets that way! Hmmm... anyone in Houston have the names of some cool music shops, head/smoke shops, or vintage stores in the neighborhood???????

I could look them up myself, but personal recommendations mean more to me than net searches.

House of Guitars is not too far from FBI. I have a friend that works there. Also, there are several Guitar Centers. Maybe these outfits could be sponsors, also.

Chris :headbang:

Reactions: TX Metal Cowboy
Thanks for the suggestions guys... except for Bryan, you're suggestions are useless :Smug: :lol:

The contest would happen in advance, so that out-of-towners have a chance to win. Hmm... not sure if this will happen yet, definately let you all know.

Stuff done today/this weekend:
- Confirmed: freaking out about the bands
- Confirmed: Powerfest is definately not doing anything we are.
- Tentative: the venue... still! Working on resolving it this week
- In work: saw the preliminary web design - LOVE IT!

If we get the venue wrapped up this week, we'll start announcing bands! :headbang:

Reactions: Hawk

Music Town, Bizarre Bazaar, Sound Exchange, Diamondhead Records (or as I like to call them: Dickhead Records). Give me time and I will give you contact info. I know Music Town is on Myspace, you can do a search for them or try to find them on my friends list.