These people should die

I'll have you know blue collar jobs do require intelligence. A lead framer has to know a lot about geometry for framing a roof for example. That being said, I'm a poor example of an intellectual blue collar / manual labor guy.

Sure, but what about his lackeys?

Tired debate folks, no?

Not in the coming times when all the mexicans flee from their humble abodes in the orchards of the sunshine states, and our country is without precious oranges!

I doubt most of them would get as far into the complex questioning above as those gents fared.

Orange groves, this used to be alllllllllllll orange groves!

Futuristic anecdote vis-a-vis this argument.

Blue or white collar has nothing to do with it, nor does it have anything to do with the level of intelligence in a person. You can be a brain surgeon and decide you wanna flip burgers for the rest of your life if you choose to. Just because a person may have a title with his or her job doesn't mean they're intelligent. Come to think of it, I'd say there are way more mouth-breathing knuckledraggers in white collar jobs than blue.

However, not knowing how many sides a triangle has (as long as the person was of sound mind and body of course) is grounds for sterilization in my opinion. There's a difference between willful ignorance and stupidity.

If you don't know the capital of Russia, ok...whatever...but if a person doesn't know how many sides a triangle has, they're going to reproduce even dumber offspring because they will raise that offspring to be as they are.

What was that Mike Judge movie where everyone in the US became drooling idiots due to the decline of civilization? I thought it was funny until I realized that we're already surrounded by those people.

Perhaps he was caught on video not knowing the answer to that and then it was posted on the internet years later and everyone hoped for his death.

... and unable to tell where the Berlin Wall was........ *freaks the fuck out*

here's a hint.... BERLIN wall...... BERLIN..... wall...

And for the country starting with a "U", I too failed to think of the USA or the UK... I did however instantly think of Uruguay for some reason. So I may be a bit feeble minded, but at least I had something of an answer.

... and unable to tell where the Berlin Wall was........ *freaks the fuck out*

here's a hint.... BERLIN wall...... BERLIN..... wall...

And for the country starting with a "U", I too failed to think of the USA or the UK... I did however instantly think of Uruguay for some reason. So I may be a bit feeble minded, but at least I had something of an answer.

Dude, these people probably don't know where Berlin is, anyway.

Its times like this that make me want to move out of the US

there is this trendy opinion about americans being dumb and other nations being really smart and well educated...and it's fucking wrong,dumb and ignorant people are everywhere,the vast majority of the population on earth is dumb and ignorant on basic knowledge...

there is this trendy opinion about americans being dumb and other nations being really smart and well educated...and it's fucking wrong,dumb and ignorant people are everywhere,the vast majority of the population on earth is dumb and ignorant on basic knowledge...

I wouldn't say this is entirely an opinion, but also a little bit of fact...although the way you put it is quite exaggerated. The average European knows more about the world around them, and yes there are lots of stupid and ignorant people here...but not like this or to this extent.

But hold on there, dude. The vast majority of the world doesn't know basic knowledge? Have you been all over the world and spoken to the vast majority? This is a generalized statement that just proves you have no idea what you're talking about. If you want to be defensive about it, fine, but back your shit up with some facts and not the typical easily-offended American response, "WELL EVERYONE ELSE IS STUPID TOO!!!!"

Unless you're full of money, we Americans don't have the opportunities to see other cultures as easily as Europeans, due to the fact that we're a huge country and we live an ocean away. This is a big setback for us.

But American schools are shit, dude...let's face it. What European students study as a sophomore in high school, American students are studying as a freshman or sophomore in college. We need to fix our education system.

I'm all for the idea of EARNING your right to vote by answering a few simple questions to determine your knowledge about the world around you. I don't want a bunch of people who think the world is flat to have the power to vote.

But hold on there, dude. The vast majority of the world doesn't know basic knowledge? Have you been all over the world and spoken to the vast majority? This is a generalized statement that just proves you have no idea what you're talking about. If you want to be defensive about it, fine, but back your shit up with some facts and not the typical easily-offended American response, "WELL EVERYONE ELSE IS STUPID TOO!!!!"
This are truth.

Empirically speaking I must admit that even the most able and wordly of Americans I've met still have an Americo-centrality that they don't even seem to realise. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's interesting nonetheless.