Things I wish metal bands would stop doing

the industry does suck. The internet has made it possible for bands to reach further, and further. Sure, it sucks for the mp3 crap, and downloading, and sharing, etc. But, how many bands do you listen to that the internet made it possible for you to find? I can count at least two dozen that I would never have found/listened to. Magazines are not going to do an article on an obscure band, or start up band. I like when bands try and do all the work themselves. I think the internet helps them accomplish that. There are pros and cons to the internet, when it comes to music. I just know that I wouldn't have those bands in my collection, if it wasn't for the internet.

Reactions: CiG
I just love the fact that no one is getting rich anymore. You shouldn't be a wealthy rock star unless you're fucking legendary. Should people be able to make a living just playing music? Absolutely, but 35k per year and even less is a living. Start throwing tons of money at bands these days, what with all the technology and access, and it will be 80's shitty butt rock bands all over again with two songs out of ten that are worth listening to.

Considering that about 70% of my favorite music is from the 80's, I'd be fine with that (not necessarily the butt rock though)..